⇝ 1.9 ⇜

This chapter is sort of short, but I hope you enjoy it anyway! :)

_

(y/n)'s POV

We walked out of the room, making sure that nobody saw us.

"Are the others coming today?" I asked as we walked into the living room.

"Yes, we still need to explain about the sudden announcement." Lawliet replied.

"Right, of course. We still need to work as well." I said as I looked out the window.

It's nighttime already?

"You don't sound happy about it, (y/n)." I looked at Lawliet.

"I'm not but I'm not regretting my choice to work on this case." I said as I sat down in one of the sofas.

"I seriously wish that you did." He said as he sat down next to me.

"What?! Why?!"

"Because-"

"Ryuzaki? Hitomi?" Lawliet and I turned our attention towards the door.

There stood the task force looking at us, Misa included.

Of course she would come, she's another Kira, after all.

"Hello everyone," Lawliet greeted them all normally, "let's get to work, shall we?"

We all nodded as we all left to our real base of operations.

_

Once we arrived, there was nothing but silence amongst all of us.

Well.... This is awkward..

"Hey, Hitomi?" I looked at Misa and raised an eyebrow, "Can I ask you something, privately?"

I felt sweat on my back as I nodded, stealing a glance at Lawliet. I noticed that he looked worried, I could tell that he didn't like my decision to be alone with Misa. She immediately grabbed my hand and led me out of the room.

"It's too quiet in there!" Misa complained as we arrived in a different room.

"Tell me about it." I responded.

"So, you and Ryuzaki, huh?" She looked excited, "How's the relationship going?"

"Huh? How do you-"

"I already knew that Ryuzaki is L, but to find out that your (w/l/y/c) and you're dating him! This is amazing!!" She squealed.

You would think that this would be her chance to find out who I am and kill me..

"Thanks, Misa. So, how's you and Light?" I asked as I sat down on a sofa.

"Oh, um... He's fine." She said as she sat next to me.

"What's the matter?" I asked her.

"No! No! It's just that two things are.." She sighed.

"This is different."

"What do you mean?"

"It's just that you smile a lot, usually, but now, I'm seeing a different side of you."

She laughed a bit at what I said.

"Um.. Hitomi? Can you keep a secret?" Misa asked me.

I was able to see a certain look in her eyes. She wanted to trust me, this wasn't an act. She is different from Light, I gave her a nod.

"Hold this, please." She handed me a black notebook that had the words 'Death Note' written in a weird don't at the top.

"M-Misa.." I stuttered at having the book in my hands.

"I'm the second Kira. Please, keep this between us!" Misa looked at me with pleading eyes.

"S-Sure, but does Light know about this?" I asked as I handed her the book back.

"Yes, because he's..."

"He's what, Misa?"

"He's Kira, the real one."

I faked being surprised. She just confirmed my suspicions, but I wouldn't tell her that, I'm sorry I can't tell you anything Misa..

"A-Are you serious, or are you pulling my leg?" I questioned her, trying to make myself sound like I wasn't convinced.

"Yes! Just please, keep this between us, you know, girl to girl? Friend to friend?"

"Y-Yeah, girl to girl, friend to friend." I smiled at her.

"I know you're (w/l/y/c), but I'm trusting you to keep it a secret about me and Light being Kira." Misa said, sighing afterwards.

"Don't worry, I'll keep it a secret." I said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you." She hugged me.

"You're welcome." I hugged her back.

I know that she trusts me, but I would have to tell Lawliet.. I feel bad, I'm in a position where I can betray one person no matter what I pick. If I was to keep Misa's secret, then I would betray Lawliet, if I was to tell Lawliet, then I would betray Misa. But... I never talked to Misa, so why does she want me to be her friend now? Unless she knows that something is going to happen.

"Let's go back, the others will be worried, I'm sure." I said as I stood up.

"You're right! Let's go!" Misa said as she stood up with me.

We walked out of the room together, already knowing that the others will try to pry into our business.

You know something will happen.. Right, Misa?