⇝ 2.9 ⇜

Some days later
(y/n)'s POV

I woke up to the sun shining on my face. I groaned as I looked at the time, it was 6:30 AM.

"Lawliet...." I murmured as I turned my body around to face the man I love.

"Lawliet..."

No answer.

"Lawliet, we have to get up."

I felt a tight grip around my hips.

"Lawliet."

I heard him groan. I placed a hand on his shoulder and gently pushed him. That only caused him to pull me closer.

"Lawliet, we have to go back to the university today..." I said.

"We can go back tomorrow.."

"You don't have to go back because your smart enough as it is, but I have to, now, let me go."

I heard him sigh as he released me.

"Thank you." I gave him a peck on the lips before I started to get ready.

_

I guess he's not going today..

I sighed as I went to the door to leave, but before I could, I couldn't find my bag.

"Oh great, I left it here all this time when we were off." I groaned as I searched the surrounding area.

"Looking for this?" I turn my head to the left to see Lawliet dressed in his usual attire.

"Yes, can I have it so I can leave?" I asked as I held my hand out.

"Sure," he said as he handed it to me, "let's go."

I was then dragged out of the room and into the hallway. I felt goosebumps run up and down my entire body, I've been so paranoid that I refused to leave ever since Light ran off. So, of course, Lawliet makes us walk to the university.

"Why are we walking again?" I asked as I felt him grab my hand.

"Why not give Watari a break?" Lawliet looked at me.

"True..." I forgot that we had him help us with things outside the building since I refused to leave.

"Hitomi.." I jumped at the sound of someone speaking my alias.

I saw something at the corner of my eye, it was a certain brunette college student with a shinigami flying alongside him. I fully turn around, only to see them gone.

"Something wrong?" Lawliet asked me.

"Y-You....didn't see him?" I was shocked.

"See who, exactly?"

"Light and Ryuk.." I muttered to him, it was almost impossible to hear me with the sounds of the busy streets.

"Where?"

I looked back in the direction I saw them, only to see Ryuk peek over the crowd.

Ryuk is trying to tell me that they saw us.

"They saw us." I heard Lawliet say.

"They probably know where we're going.." I said to him, "we have to hurry."

With that, we hurried to the university, making it to class just before the second bell. We quickly sat in our seats, I was mentally thanking the teacher for being late today.

"Sorry, I'm late everyone." He said as he put his things on his desk.

I look to my right, in which I saw Lawliet staring right at me. I gave him a smile before turning back to look at the teacher.

"Who isn't here today?" The teacher asked, making everybody look around.

"Light!"

"Okay- wait Light's not here?" The teacher looked around, boy believing it at all, "Hitomi, have you seen Light today?"

Everyone's eyes landed on me, making me stiffen up. I remember seeing Light and Ryuk on the streets, and Ryuk peeking over the crowd, seeing me.

"No, I haven't." I said.

"Well, that's unfortunate.."

"I don't know when he'll be back, I don't know what happened to him." I said, lying to my teacher.

"Well, maybe he'll come back later this week."

"Yeah... Maybe."

He better not...