⇝ 2.4 ⇜

(y/n)'s POV

It was kind of a job to get the guys to leave, but it wouldn't mean anything since Misa and I had to go back. We walked down the stairs, only to see the others working.

"Any luck finding anything?" I asked.

Everyone shook there heads, except for Lawliet. I sighed, I then felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked to my left to see Misa, in which she mouthed the words 'go tell him'.

I don't want to tell him here... Especially since I know that the others will be listening..

I sighed and nodded as I gripped the test that was still in my sleeve. I hesitantly walked up to Lawliet, who saw me coming from his monitor.

"Oh, Hitomi. What do you need?" Lawliet asked me.

"Um... Ryuzaki, I-I need to talk to you.." I looked back at the others then back at Lawliet, "In private."

"Is it this important to talk about now?" He asked as he spun his chair around to look at me.

"Well, I'm your girlfriend, so no matter what I have to say, it'll always be important to you." I said, which made Lawliet agree.

"Well," he said as he got up, "let's go."

With that he started to walk away.

"H-Hey! Don't leave without me!" I said as I ran after him.

_

Lawliet led us to the room where he talked to me about my brother and how he helped me through my breakdown. He locked the doors like he did last time, but now he leaned against them as he waited for me to talk.

"U-Um.." I was trying to find words as my hands began to get sweaty.

"Hey.."

"Y-Yes!!" I accidentally shouted.

"Why are you covering your hand, I noticed when you and Misa came down the stairs." Lawliet said as he pointed at my covered arm.

Shit!

"U-Um... That's hiding the little, tiny thing I have to talk to you about.." I said.

"What is it? You can tell me anything."

"Lawliet.." I said as I slowly revealed my hand that was holding the test, "I'm.. I'm..."

"Let me see, (y/n)?" He asked me as he approached me, but it caused me to back up to the wall, causing me to get cornered.

Lawliet gently took the test out of my hands and looked at it. His eyes opened slightly wider than they normally are, he then looked at me.

"You're..."

"Pregnant? Yes.. I-I'm sorry about this, I know that you wanted to prove a point but I should have-"

"It's not your fault, it's nobody's fault because.." Lawliet then cupped my face with his hands, "we actually have some light in this dark situation."

I saw a smile grow on his face, causing me to tear up.

"D-Does that mean.."

"We're keeping the baby, (y/n)." I started to cry, and I immediately hugged him

Lawliet returned my embrace, causing me to cry even harder.

"B-But.." I wiped my tears away, "What about the case? We have to do the case and the baby might be-"

"We can't let anyone know. We can't even broadcast this." Lawliet told me.

"Well.. What are we going to do when my stomach begins to grow?" I asked.

"You have baggy shirts, so you should be find for a while when that happens." He said as he let out a breathy laugh.

"How do you know, huh? Perv!"

"But I'm your perv."

"And.. you're our baby's father." I smiled at him.

"And you're our baby's mother." He smiled back at me.

"By the way, when did you find out?"

"Today actually, that was the real reason why Misa was with me." I said, letting out a nervous laugh.

Lawliet then looked at the test, then back at me.

"I would still have to go to a doctor to make sure, Sherlock Holmes. Oh! Maybe if it's a boy, we should name him-"

"I wouldn't let you name our son that.." He sighed.

"I love you." I laughed as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I love you too, now let's go back." I nodded as we made our way back to the others, but I made Lawliet give me the test back so I can hide it from the others.

_

"Hey guys!" Matsuda greeted us, "What'd you guys talk about?"

"Oh it's nothing, don't worry about it." I said as I smiled at him.

"Um.. Okay? Are you sure, because you seem a bit more chipper?" He asked.

"What? I can't be happy? I can't shine light on a dark situation? You guys are so mean to me.." I said as I crossed my arms and cuddled into Lawliet's side.

I felt his arm wrap around my waist and I began to fake being upset.

"S-Sorry! I-It's just.. I-"

"Matsuda!" I said as I looked at him, "I'm just playing with you."

I last out a small laugh, as Matsuda became confused.

"Fine.. Don't take a joke.." I sighed.

"Let's get back to work, we had a lot of distractions today." Yagami-san spoke up.

"Agreed." Lawliet said as he pulled another office chair near his own.

"What's with the extra office chair?" I asked as I walked over to it.

"It's for you to sit with me as we go over this list of suspects, it'll be quicker with you helping." Lawliet explained as he sat in his chair like a frog.

I sat in my chair to, trying to copy his way of sitting. Surprisingly, it was comfortable.

"Now I know one reason why you sit like this, it's kind of comfortable." I said as I let out a laugh.

"Well, also, it helps me-"

"I don't need a lesson, also, "I leaned over and whispered to him, "don't teach our kid how to sit like this."

"Why?"

"Because then they'll become Sherlock Holmes." I whispered.

"Hitomi..."

"I love you, honey!" I shouted as I blew a kiss, making Lawliet's face turn red.

I'm glad that we can still have fun during this case.