Request - Alec Lightwood "The way your are"

Your hands were trembling and you were breathing in and out. You could do this. You had seen your twin brother do it. You had seen Isabelle and Alec do it. And you had Shadowhunter blood in your veins too. You just had to trust the blade. You could really do this.

Or not.

The demon opened his mouth and you screamed while you dropped the blade on the floor in front of your feet. Why had you not asked the others to teach you how to fight? Why were you so different from your brother?

"Watch out (Y/N)!" Alec pushed you aside and while you landed on the ground, he started doing the one thing you couldn't do. He started to fight and eventually one of his arrows killed the demon, making sure there was nothing but a little bit of dust and ash left. "Are you okay?" Alec turned around and you nodded.

You were far from okay. Your heart was racing in your chest and you were trembling and shaking all over your body. Even though no one said it out loud, you knew that you were the most terrible Shadowhunter ever and you bent your head, not even attempting to stand up.

"The demon is gone, okay? There is no need to worry about him any longer." Alec held out his hand and a little reluctantly you placed your hand in his. "It's okay to ask for help if you need someone to protect you." He stared straight into your eyes and you felt your cheeks heating up.

"I should be able to do this myself..." You stood up again and you took a few deep breaths. New York was filled with demons and it was your job to protect the humans who didn't even know they existed. But how could you ever protect humans if you couldn't even protect yourself?

"We all have our talents and I like yours." Alec shrugged his shoulders and he smiled. "Maybe you don't kill demons, but you're good at other things. You're good at making me smile for example." He cocked his head a little and he hung his bow on his back.

"I'm not good at anything..." You shook your head and you rolled your eyes. Everyone around you seemed to be good at something, but you were somehow trapped in the wrong body. You shouldn't be a Shadowhunter, you should be a mundane.

"If only you could see yourself the way I see you." Alec walked towards you and he wrapped an arm around your shoulders. "Just because you're shy and not talking much, it doesn't mean we don't like you and don't love you." He paused for a short moment and turned his face towards you. "We like you because you're you, because you're amazing and because I wouldn't want a life without you, okay?" He waited until you nodded. "You and Jace coming into our lives was the best thing that could ever happen to us and I know that Isabelle thinks like that too. You can ask her yourself if you want."

You took a deep breath and your lips curled up into a smile. Your cheeks were glowing by now and you shifted your weight from one leg to the other. "Don't make me blush, Alec."

"Sorry, I'll never compliment you again, I promise."