3

We have led ourselves way too far to let go on each other.
                                                                ~Meher Fatima

I entered the waiting room to be met by the one and only stalker that exists in my life. I groan mentally and ask him to sit as he stood in my respect. I saluted myself for surrounding myself with such aura. Though I'm coward internally I would never let anybody know that side of me.

He smiled at me and being the epitome of hospitality I smiled back. He shoved his hands in his pocket to remove something and I instantly searched my bag for some pepper spray or a knife or anything alike would do. But as my eyes snapped at him to keep a check and choked on my own saliva when I saw just a piece of paper in his hand instead any other thing that could harm me.

Just after that,my feelings changed for him. He didn't look like any creepy stalker with that face he made at least not anymore. Sudden urge to smile genuinely at him crawled inside my brain and as a reflex I smiled at him. So stupid of me!

But then papers caught my attention. Papers? What papers were those? Contract? Could it be? No I'm not signing anything.

"Um... Well.. Why are you here?" I decided to break the awkwardly comfortable silence.

"Can we go somewhere else?" He asked and I thought for a second and asked him to follow. This is only one and last time I'm trusting someone so blindly. God please don't make this wrong choice too wrong for me to choose anything else in future.

"He is with me." I said to the guard as he nodded and asked- what is his name? I don't even know his name. To sign on the papers for the proof of him being with me if something happens.

I unlocked the door to my flat and waited for him to enter and shut the door behind him. He was busy checking my walls that were filled with photos of my very precious memories. I took that as my time to change into something more comfy and that could make me feel homie.

I saw him sitting on the couch and had a packet of chips and a can of soda in other. He tossed a piece of chips into his mouth as he leisurely watched the TV. Wow that seemed like he was in his own house, having no fear of anybody or any decency either. He took a sip of his soda and I observed the up and down movement of his Adam's Apple as he gulped it down. A drop of wandering from his lips to his chin and disappearing into his light stubble.

My eyes went up to his forehead that had no lines crease but some locks of straight brunette hair, just of my hair's colour. His eyes were oceanic blue and a perfect nose. He turned to look at me who was already checking him out. He coughed to bring me back to reality that had such beautiful eyes.

"Uh...I was.. U want ...uh some coffee?" I managed to ask as blood rushed on my cheeks.

"No! I'm having soda." He said and smirked at my out fit. I was in a blue jersey that was more like a tank top and a sweatpants with a logo of Nike on it. I looked like some girl who has lost all her house and belongings.

I didn't care of my appearance and hopped on the couch wit the bottle of Coke in my hand.

"Yeah. So now why are you here?" I asked and he sat up straight from his sleeping posture. I didn't care to sit straight so I just laid on the couch.

"I had come to know that you are jobless. Uh...that I read your resignation letter. So I'm here to offer you a post in my company as a files coordinator and only as a coordinator and not as any eye entertainer." He said and I felt like someone just jabbed my dignity with fork and knife and then placed it under the tyre of a truck to crush it to no level.

"Its not what you think." I tried to explain but he stopped me.

"Its alright. You don't need to explain. So here are the papers. Read it twice before you sign them." He said and stood up to leave. He walked to the door and I just sat there registering what just happened.

"Hey by the way! I'm Grant Roger." He yelled from the door and left. My head bolted up to the name of Grant Roger. The son of a multi millionaire. I suddenly turned around to look at him but realised that he was long gone. Why does he want me to work in his office. It has a name and quality as big as Burj Khalifa. Is he another one of Jake Johnson?

A growling sound in my stomach makes me forget all the stress of life and head to kitchen. I open the fridge and bring out some vegetables. After chopping them I head to the gas burner. And then I'm again welcomed by that creepy feeling of someone's eyes on me. Someone who is watching all my moves. Someone who knows every penny of me.

I run to every room and cover the glass walls by curtains. All the walls are hid under curtains and I feel a bit comfortable after doing that. I go back to my kitchen where I had left my food on the gas burner. The smell automatically pulling me towards it. My food was ready to be eaten. The pasta dripping its cream on the plate. Delicious.

_________________________________________

I woke up to the sounds of my alarm that had the tendency to make my ears bleed. But I still kept it because only it also has the tendency to wake me up. I'm a morning sleeper. I cannot sleep at night due to some stupid thoughts that crawl to my brain and make it impossible for me to sleep.

I get out of the bed and freshen up. The hot water drizzling down my body gives me an over whelming feeling of relaxation. All thoughts going down the drain as I wash myself under the hot water.

As I finish bathing, I change into a ripped jeans and a white see through shirt. It was very hot today and there wasn't any pure sunlight in my house today as I had cover all the glass walls and windows (which had not much difference) with the curtain last night.

I go to the living room with a bottle of citrus and plain dark sweetened chocolate bar. I switch on the TV and searched for the remote and my hands landed on the papers Mr. Grant Roger left here yesterday. I plan to ignore it but as curiosity gets the best of me so I sit down reading it line by line and understanding it.

After an hour of reading the paper and understanding every letter of it. I felt happy for the first time in ages. I was being offered a job on the basis of my ability to work and take a level higher and not because of my looks. It feels so pure, so proud that I can't stop smiling to myself. There was not even a word that was not formal. Everything official and formal. This was all I wanted.

I rushed to my room and changed into a floral T-shirt and a denim jeans to look a little presentable. I put on my floral boots with heels matching my shirt. I combed my to a pony tail and ran out of my house.

A/n

So how do you like it. I know it looked more like a filler chapter but Viola! It isn't. It is meant to be this way so it is. And I have no filler chapters in this book. Thank you.

Keep reading :)

Please don't forget to vote...please.... And please do comment