1

Tragedies are not everything.
......~Emad A Khwaja.

"Jake?" I searched through the office opening the door and walking straight ahead. Jake Johnson, my boss was nowhere to be found.

I turned around to leave the office and suddenly a large yelp escaped my mouth as there stood the man in neat tux and hair gelled backwards. His grey eyes wandering on my body of which I suddenly become aware of. I cleared my throat to bring him back to reality from whatever he has been thinking in his desperate brain.

"Uh.. I just wanted to notify you about the files I just submitted." I reported and he walked towards me and I instantly stiffened up.

"The two year contract is over today. I have already resigned. I just came to tell you the last goodbye." I said trying to smile but his nearing steps only encouraged fear and bottled up anger of two years.

He was so close to me now that I could smell his after shave cologne and minty breathe airing my nose. I lifted my gaze to look at him and he leaned to kiss me on my neck making me forget my fear and puke out all the anger. I pushed him and slapped him hard enough for him to get back to his senses. But all he did was sooth his cheek and smirk at me evilly.

I ran out of his cabin and took my bag and headed down to my car. I slipped inside my car and drove away but not before giving boosters a last look.

2 years ago....

"Just find yourself some place to work." Kelvin, my loft owner said to me before pushing me out of his loft for just a mere bet of his, which he lost.

I walked down the streets with no place to live. I cried under the tree when it rained. Then came a car that stood by me. Rolled down the window to reveal a face of an angel for me at that time.

"Get inside!" Is what all he had said when he found me fully drenched in rain. I smiled at him and politely refused as I never demanded for anyone's pity.

"Get inside!" He repeated his words but this time with some different thing in his eyes, which I didn't understood then. I swiftly opened the door and sat on the very edge of seat and he smiled.