8

Don't use a word so much....it will lose its meaning and the heaviness of the word.
                                                      ~farsana Younus
(I agree with it now:))

____________

"Make use of your eyes? That's what you told me right in the morning? And what did you do now? Spill water on my hardwork? Literally?" I yelled at him. The majesty was taken aback with my sudden outburst. But who wouldn't kill that person who just threw all your hardworking in to the Pacific ocean?

"Relax! Kay!" Ric said by my side. I didn't notice him beside me before this as I was too busy glaring at the biggest jerk possible on the planet of earth.

"I said I'm sorry. That was completely accidental. I didn't mean to startle you or in this case the glass of water." He said running his hands over his hair again and again.

"No Mr. Grant! For some reason I can't take it as just an accident. I don't know how you managed to do both at the same time startle me and the glass as well at same time. But since you are my boss Mr. Grant, I have to forgive you or I'm fired right now. Isn't it?" I said and felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to look at the owner of the hand.

"Ric! Please leave." I told him cold heartedly and he obeyed and left with just a nod. I turned my attention back to the majesty and stared at him or glared at him.

"No it isn't that. I just wanted these files before tomorrow and at the same time didn't want to burden at your first day plus I didn't want to see you cry like yesterday." He said and a victorious smirk formed on his lips after embarrassing me about yesterday's incident.

"I don't know how you got that idea that I was crying." I said looking like a complete tomato. I managed to look into his eyes and smile at him. I want this job. I have to reach that level in business. And this company will help me get there.

"That's very nice of you to be so sensible. But that's alright I'll complete it and submit it to you tonight." I said and smiled at him and he gave me a confused look like are you an octopus in the facade of human? But because I want things to go right.

"Are you sure?" He asked raising an eyebrow. Do I look like I'm in a mood to kid? Dude get this straight. I want this job.

"Of course. Mr. Grant. I don't think you'll want to disappoint your investors. Do you?" I asked and all of a sudden everything changed. The air changed. A moment before, he was bossing around and now I dominate the conversation. He just nods a no and I smirk.

"We could finish it faster if we work together. If you have no problem with that Kay?" He asked and I took a double look at him. What did he just call me? Kay? Now now! The formal dick has changed into an informal prick?

I thought for good two minutes. He has been to my house before and that is what changed my life. I think I should give it a chance. I should probably stop living underground and more socialise with people. That's just normal.

"Sure. If we could work at my place?" I asked him and he nodded in agreement. I took all the files and the wet papers and some office papers with me.

_______

I was home and waiting for Mr. Grant to arrive. A whirl of wind hit me and I shivered with fear. I don't know what this feeling had to do with me. I felt like I'm being some fun time for someone.