2

We may not be fancy, but we are far from ordinary.
                                                 ~Hafsa Ateef

I tapped my phone in with the increasing curiosity to meet my friends after two years personally. I met Raymond officially when I was an elite. That day I couldn't even hug my best friend from childhood. I was snatched away from  Raymond by the devil- ex devil of my life, Jake Johnson.

I hate him so much that he wanders all over my brain and my face automatically changes to a disgusted one. He is a big time creep is all what everyone should know.

I waited for my friends while looking at the door of the cafeteria. A young man with a bottle of liquor in his hands otherwise good looking entered the cafeteria. His eyes searching for somebody. He took out his phone and tapped on it before holding it to his ear and searching around and his eyes land on me as my phone starts ringing to five seconds of summer. I checked the caller ID which flashed Raymond's name. I received it and he hung up and I looked up to see the man who had showered his internals with alcohol was coming up to me with a smile.

I hesitated for a minute and relaxed as he sat down on the chair across me on my table.

"You texted me to be here? Do we know each other?" He asked as sober as me. Wow! Alcohol hadn't even touched him. He talked like he never had even a drop of alcohol. Then why did he even had the liquor bottle in his hands.

"Excuse me?" He said waving me out of my train of thoughts. I looked at him to completely look at him. He was in a 5sos shirt loosely hanging and sweat pants and a beanie on. He looked like some musician to me.

"Nope I haven't." I managed to say.

"987 345 8945? Your number?" He asked and I nodded in agreement.

"Then you did." He said relaxing back on his chair. But I didn't. I checked my phone and just then again my phone rang with five seconds of summer. I received it, speaking into it.

"Hello? Raymond- I'm not Raymond. I'm the one sitting across you!"

He slowly hissed for not making a scene and I gaped in shock. The number which Ray had never changed in years got changed in two years.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. Sorry for wasting your time miserably." And mine too. I thought and got up to leave when he got hold of my hand left it immediately when I glared at him and his hand.

"You know right that you owe me my time?" He asked with a smirk and I sighed defeated.

"What can I do for you?" I said and my eyes just got rolled. It happens. I'm not being rude.

"Don't leave the table without a coffee…" he dragged it and I knew what he meant.

"More because you haven't brought your wallet with you." I sat back and he went to order two coffees with my wallet. Some people.

He got back and I saw his face smiling like a fool. I'm not very good with new people.

"I'm Wade Miles. I'm a drummer." He smiled and brought his hand forward for shaking and looked at it before smiling at him and meeting his hand.

"I'm Kayra Emerson. Uh...I'm apparently jobless." I said a bit of stupidity inside me.

"I know." He said and I gave him a doubled look. How does he even know? As if I voiced my thoughts.