The Protectors Part 1: Chapter 1

Hello Everyone, this is a story ive been working on for the past 3 and a half years, and have never had enough motivation to finish until one of my best friends told me i should post on here.

So i'm hoping for the best, please comment and let me know what you think, or if you have a question or two.

Thanks!

Erica :)

Chapter 1 ~ 1000 Years Ago.

          “Shall we go inside?” he kissed hungrily along the edge of her jaw.

            She didn’t respond at first, calculating her next move carefully. Her dark hair danced in the strong nighttime breeze that was common out on the balcony.

            “No, I would prefer to stay outside, it’s such a lovely night…” her voice trailed off as she leaned back and looked out into the night. The moonlight lit up the ocean and the rocky beach hundreds of feet below. There was not a cloud in the sky, except for the storm brewing in the distance.

            “Oh,” he leaned closer to her from his spot on the corner of the balcony railing, disappointment present in his voice, “We can stay here if you wish.”

            She leaned forward and kissed his lips once, then pulled back, “I know something you might find useful,” she purred, and began to untie the strings at the front of her dress.

            “Do tell,” he began kissing her again, barely noticing that her one hand was no longer around his neck.

            She leaned forward, her cheek brushing his until her lips were at his ear, “Never try and sleep with a married princess.”

            He tried to argue, but was thrust backwards as a sharp pain tore through his stomach.

            She pulled the dagger out of his abdomen, placed a hand on his chest and pushed.

            His body slid off the edge of the railing, not a single sound coming from him, just the look of pure shock on his face. She counted the seconds until a soft thud came from the beach below.

            She smiled, looking at the gold dagger in her hand, even with the little light that surrounded her; she could clearly see the crimson liquid dripping off the end of the dagger.

            Around her neck was a small silver cross, with a glass vial in the middle, with more of the red liquid. She took out the small cork stopper, held out the cross and tipped the dagger downwards, waiting.

            A single drop of the blood dripped off the end and into the vial. The blood inside immediately began to glow lightly and began heating up, almost coming to a boil.

            She placed the cork back in and immediately it stopped glowing, walking back into her room and sitting down at the large wooden desk that sat across from her bed before setting the cross down in front of her.

            This princess had everything a young woman desired, expensive clothing, foreign jewelry, money, servants, a gigantic palace and best of all, a handsome husband.

            Lizabeth De Moor was like any other princess of her time, except she had a secret, only her husband knew; she had the ability to control magic. It was not normal for a woman to have control over magic, but for the few who did, they were exiled to an island. Men were the only ones who were allowed to use magic in public, as long as they were over the age of 18. Any young boy who was caught could be imprisoned or executed.