The Protectors Chapter 3

Chapter 3

          Tobey closed the room door and followed Jade towards the elevators, down the elegant hallway. Dark red carpets and fancy white wallpaper with a floral design covered the walls.

They stopped in front of the doors and waited, “You know, I am really going to miss that room. It would be a great party room.”

“I think most hotels have a strict no-raves allowed rule, especially when their target age group is older rich people.”

He looked down at the carpet, “That would explain the plush carpets; however it feels like I’m walking on a cloud.”

“Its padded incase they fall,” Jade said with a serious face, but laughed at his shocked expression, “I’m joking. But it is nice and soft.”

They stepped into the elevator and rode down to the main floor, which was filled with a group of older ladies checking out at the front desk. They got in line and looked around.

“Is it always this busy?” Tobey whispered.

“Not usually, but the adult diaper conference must be this weekend,” she said into his neck, causing him to laugh out loud.

“Ok that’s bad,” he said, trying to contain his laughter.

She smiled up at him, “Joking once more. I love old people; except for the creepers and the ones that need a bath.”

“I can help who’s next…” a man called from behind the desk and they walked up.

It took a couple minutes to check out, Jade paying with her mother’s credit card again.

Tobey slung his bag over his shoulder and took her hand once she put all the papers into her bag, “Well I would like to express my thanks to your mother for paying for that wonderful room and for the dinner last night.

Jade laughed, “I guess it would be my dad paying, he’s the one who makes the money, my mother doesn’t even have a job,” she said as they walked out of the door and saying a quick thank you to the door man.

He laughed, looked up and froze, his smile turning into a grimace, “Ah shit…” he whispered as his hand squeezing hers, causing her to look up at the figure that was standing only a few feet away from them and giving a little squeak of surprise.

Tobey recognized her immediately. The perfect blonde hair and designer clothing was impossible to forget. Her piercing blue eyes shot daggers at him.

“Well hello Jade…”