The Protectors Chapter 15

Chapter 15         

          A couple hours later the three of them were lying out in the sun on the lounges. The sun was not as hot, so it was more relaxing to sit out in the open.

Tobey and Jade swum out to the sand bar and had each found a little sand dollar.

          He was inspecting his, while Jade’s was sitting on top of her bag, drying out.

          He turned his head to look at her beside him, “What are you going to do with your little sand dollar thing?”

          “Take it back to the condo, let it dry out, drench it in air freshener and then add it to my little collection of shelves on my dresser, well my rather large collection. I’m running out of room.”

          He put his sand dollar on the bag beside Jade’s as she sat up, “What are we going to do for dinner grandma?”

          The old lady opened her eyes and thought for a moment, “I don’t feel like cooking tonight, and there’s nothing decent in the fridge, so how about we go out for supper? I was thinking a little restaurant on the water, then come back to the beach in time for the sunset.”

          Tobey looked over to Jade, who had one of the biggest smiles on her face, “You are going to love the sunset, and the restaurant, which has some of the most amazing food…”

          “Another fancy restaurant?” he smiled.

          She shook her head and grinned, “Not like the one we went to the other night, but a family friendly place. You can sit inside or out on the balcony, and feed the fish crackers.”

          “Sweet, I’m definitely in.”

          Jade sat up and swung her leg over the side of the lounge to face her grandma, “Do you think we should go a bit early? The line up is usually pretty insane…”

          Sophia sat up, “You’re probably right, we should go back to the condo to shower off,” she looked at Tobey, “While you’re down here showers will become your best friend at the end of the day. This sand gets every where.”

          “I noticed that when I went to the bathroom earlier and half a pound fell out of my shorts.”

          Jade laughed and stood up, collecting her bag, “Yeah that happens a lot, but you get used to it, a small price to pay for beauty.”

          Tobey grabbed the other bag and followed Jade towards the pathway that led to the condos with her grandma in tow. The group of girls who had seen him earlier began whispering again, he ran up and walked beside Jade, enjoying the annoyed look on their faces when he took her hand.

          She laughed, “What’s up with you?”

          “Little blonde teenagers, I feel visually violated.”

          “Might as well get used to it, if your going to walk around shirtless all day looking like that.” She smirked and slipped on her flip flops before turning around to look at the girls, “I’ve already called dibs, sorry!”

          Tobey laughed at their almost angry expressions and walked back up towards the condo, ready to wash the other pound off of sand off of his body.