Sunday Funday

These are the days that she never thought she'd have; lounging around on a lazy Sunday morning, watching old sitcoms while her boyfriend massaged her feet. They were currently waiting for their breakfast delivery. That's how lazy they were being. 

"I'm so glad I have you to myself today," Ben said, as he moved himself next to her on the couch. "No school, no work, no meetings. Just you and me. How come you didn't have an A.A. meeting today?" She took his hand in hers, then said, "They have every third Sunday off, but I make up for it by going the following Tuesday after school."

Ben hugged her around her waist from behind, then said, "I'll cancel Taco Tuesday, then." They both laughed, until the doorbell rang a few moments later. Ben groaned, then got up and hopped over the couch to go to the door. 

He paid the delivery guy, then came back into the living room with the food. "I have got an order of waffles with strawberries for my lovely girlfriend," he said as he handed her the to-go plate. "And chocolate chip pancakes for me." 

They sat on the couch and ate their breakfast, then resumed their laying position on the couch. Cassie saw that Ice Age was on and had him turn it on. "I look like Sid the Sloth," he told her, once Sid came on screen. She laughed and told him, "You do not! You're very sexy."

He hummed, then place a kiss on her shoulder. "I'm not, but thank you anyways," he said. She smiled and said, "You are. That's one of the many reasons why I love you." She continued to watch the movie, oblivious to what she had just said and to Ben's shocked reaction. 

He turned her over on her back, as she giggled, "What?" When she saw his expression, she stopped giggling. "What?" She asked again, but in a more serious tone. He quirked up a small smile and told her, "You said you loved me." 

She thought for about half a second, before she realized that she had, indeed, told him that. "Oh," she said, "shit. Ben, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to!" She started to sit up, but he held her closer to him and asked, "Why are you sorry? I love you, too."

"You...you do?" She asked in shock. He laughed, "Of course! I've loved you since the moment you rejected me at the bar." She nervously chuckled, then said, "We barely met for two minutes." He shrugged. "And?" He asked. "You were so bloody beautiful and feisty. I knew I had to have you. And I knew I loved you. Though I will admit that I never expected you to say it first, but I'm glad you did. I've been itching to say it for the longest bloody time now and I thought you would really have to think on it." 

She gave him a warm smile and said, "I don't have to think about this one." He smiled and gave her a sweet kiss as he ran his hand down her body. She then pulled away and muttered, "Dammit." Ben let out a bellowing laugh. "What?" He asked. She sighed and told him, "I wanted to ask you something and with what just happened...happening...I don't know if I can."

He furrowed his eyebrows and said, "You can ask me anything." She groaned and attempted to sit up, but Ben wrapped one arm around her chest and the other around her thighs. "No, no, no," he told her. "No running off. Ask me or I am not letting you go." 

She started giggled and tried to get out of his grip, but he was too strong. She threw her head back and let out a heavy sigh. "Fine," she said, "but don't feel obligated to answer me right away. Okay?" Ben let her go and turned her to face him.

"Okay," he said. "So ask me." She put her hand on his chest, took a deep breath, then said, "Anna's engagement party is next week and--." "Yes," he told her. She looked at him oddly, then said, "Okay, but I didn't even finish asking--."

"Yes, I will be your date to her engagement party," he said. "And to the wedding." Chuckling, she told him, "The wedding date isn't even set yet." He shrugged, then said, "It's a good thing we plan ahead of time. What day is the party?"