Chapter 9: I Can't Believe This

Toni

"I don't know Ken."

"Don't know about what? I'll be so lonely in this big house all by myself." Kenny sadly looks at me. "Okay. I'll think of something."

"Great! Now lets get some breakfast." Kenny says pecking my forehead.

Kenny cooks us some breakfast.

"I wish my brother would leave me alone." I lock my phone. "You should just talk to him and forgive him Toni, he's the only brother you have."Kenny says pouring some orange juice. "I don't know I mean we tell each other everything and to find this out last hurts me."

"Well sometimes you have to forgive people because you have to, not because you want to."

Kenny and I got ready for school. The whole way we song to the radio and flirted. We pulled up and my eyes instantly feel on Janet and Michael making out.

"Ugh"! I groan. "Damn who is that doing all that in a parking lot?" Kenny asked. "That's my brother Michael and Janet nasty ass." I mumble. "Wait. Michael Braxton is your brother?" Kenny shook his head. "Duh Kenny. Remember when you met my dad at your house the other day."

Kenny

I looked at Toni completely shocked. How could I be so blind and clueless?

"Kennnnn." Toni snaps her fingers. "Oh I'm sorry baby. I was just thinking about something."

Toni reached over and pulled me into a passionate kiss. She pecked my lips one last time and got out. I waited as she walked into the building and disappeared.

"Okay class. Today we'll be discussing the topic of sex!" Mrs. Clark shouts. "Are we getting free condoms after this"? "Depends on how many we have left Mr.Edmonds.Now class we will be using the bananas to represent the male penis." Mrs. Clark says.

I look up immediately when she says that as I chew my last bite of the banana. I quickly rip a piece of paper out of my notebook and ball the banana peel into it. When Mrs. Clark isn't  looking I shoot it into the trash can.

"Uh Mrs. Clark I didn't get a banana."

"I could had sworn we had enough for each person to have one individually, I guess not. Okay Kenneth partner up with Veronica." Mrs. Clark explains.

"This thing is so gross feeling." Veronica complains. "A gross feeling thing that can protect guys from your nasty diseases". "See that's why I hate you so much." Veronica rolled her eyes. "Aw cousin I'm just joking with you. I want you to come over to the house I want you to meet someone."

"Cousin I really don't have time to meet your flavor of the month." Veronica chuckles. "It's not like that I really like this one." I groaned.

"Lets see there was Monica the painter who saw your soul through your eyes. Bianca the cheerleader, with the huge tits. Dreka the dumb athletic with all that unnecessary stamina. Brittany the head cheerleader who was notorious for her head skills and not cheerleading. Last but not least Leslie miss almost perfect." Veronica laughs.

"But V she's different. Please come meet her tonight."

"Fine I will tell me about the girl that has you googly eyed." Veronica sighs.

"Well she's a junior, smart, beautiful and she's just the total package." I grin. "I've never seen anything walking around here like that?" Veronica questions. "Oh she doesn't go here. She from the Northside she goes to-. I trail on. "The Northside? Ken are you fucking serious right now y'all are from two different worlds." Veronica says concerned. "But I've fallen for her and she has fallen for me. She's been to the house she knows about my situation and she hasn't treated me differently. Just please be happy for me."

"Aww you've never talked about a girl like this! I support it a million percent!" Veronica pulled me into a tight hug.

"Your aunt and uncle are out of town so stay over". "Cool can my boo come?" Veronica asks. "I guess so but keep your nastiness to a minimum."

Toni

"Why didn't you tell me that you and Janet got into?" Michael asked. "Well, Toni are you busy may I interrupt you with some bullshit?" I asked myself out loud. "T we really need to talk about this. We can't keep letting this egg on sis." Michael whined. "Okay. Why?" I asked. 

"It just happened. One day she was that annoying girl that hung with my little sister and the next she was cute. I tried to fit the urges I promise I did but I couldn't. She was suppose to be something to do but it turned into more." Michael sighed. 

"Why did I have to find out about it last?"

"Janet said you were pissed at her for some reason. She didn't want to add fuel to the fire. I was afraid to tell you because I knew you would blow up." Michael said. 

"I'm mad at Janet because she almost got me raped." I mumbled. "Toni no!" Michael pulled me into a hug. "Its okay nothing happened a guy helped me."

"Thank God. What guy? We have to buy him a gift or something." Michael cheerfully said. "Really Mike a gift. Don't you think that's a little odd?"

"Not at all. This guy helped you not go through that part of life in a horrible way. The guy deserves a gift basket or something. But who's the guy?" Michael asked.

"Kenneth Edmonds."

"Kenny Edmonds? Rich, baseball player, parents own Edmonds Industry were dad works, Kenneth Edmonds? Michael asked shocked. "Yeah why is that so unbelievable?" I asked curiously. "Because normally he cares about no one but himself. We're practically the same a little." Michael chuckles. 

"You don't know him." I protest to Michael. "I've been to baseball camp with the guy for over 5 years I think I know him. He's definitely a player but he's rich so he doesn't have to work as hard as others." Michael shakes his head. 

"People can change you know." I mumble annoyed. "I know and some change for the moment because it benefits them." Michael replies. "Yeah like Janet." I roll my eyes. "Look I'll deal with Janet." Michael says after pecking my forehead. 

I was sitting at the picnic table  in the courtyard when a crowd of people screaming started heading my way. I looked in confusion as they got closer to me.

"How in the hell did I almost get you raped?" Janet yelled. "This is not the time for this." I reply. "Oh really. You told Michael that and now he's pissed at me!" Janet yelled. "First, of all lower your fucking tone before I get loud! Secondly, he's my brother and I told him the truth! You know how you are, hell everyone knows how you act around guys!" I yell. "How the fuck is that Toni?" Janet asks crossing her arms. 

"Like a slut! You made it to believe that I would mess with those guys! Then you went off and did your hoeish shit leaving me all alone and scared!"

"Janet, girl you straight trifling!" Someone yells. "Shut the fuck up I aint nothing!" Janet says storming through the crowd.