Chapter 10: I Don't Care

After school I rode home with Michael so we could catch up. The day was super long after that showdown with Janet at lunch. But it was going to happen eventually so better late than never.

"What did you say to Janet?"

"Nothing." Michael says smoothly. "What does that mean exactly?" I suspiciously look at him. "Janet was all over me before lunch. She wanted us to leave and head to her house. I just walked away from her and we were in front of everybody. I went and started talking to other people. I guess she felt embarrassed." Michael shrugs.

"She attempted to confront me." I mumble. "She what?" Michael questioned shocked. "Oh hell no!" Michael yelled taking out his cell phone.

The car got quiet and Michael waited patiently for the person to answer the phone.

"We're done! Don't you ever come at my sister sideways again after you fuck up something!" Michael yells before hanging up the phone. "Mike why did you do that?" I ask. "Because she's honestly not your friend anymore. She may have apologized but her actions show she doesn't give a damn." Michael snaps. "But." I mumble. "But nothing T. The whole school knows y'all business because of the way she handles the issues. I don't want to see you talking to her." Michael says. "Fine. Same goes for you." I protest. "I'm cool with that." Michael shakes my hand.

"So why don't you like Kenny?" I ask. "Who?" Michael asks. "Kenny Edmonds the baseball player." Michael clenches his jaw. "A while back he tried me over a girl." Michael sighs. "It was just a girl." I roll my eyes. Michael sighs. "No it wasn't just a girl. It was the girl I would had died for the girl I wanted to marry. Kenny messed with her knowing how much I cared about her." Michael calmly stated.

"I'm sorry Mike." I mumble."Its okay I like the way that situation made me." Michael chuckles. "Cold and heartless?" I ask amused. "Yep. That's why it's so easy for me to cut off Janet." Michael laughs.

Kenny

Toni runs over to my car and hopes in before attacking my lips.

"Lets go!" Toni squeals cheerfully. "My cousin and her boyfriend are going to hangout with us. I hope that's not a problem?"

"No it's fine. Why didn't you tell me you knew my brother?" Toni blurts out. "Honestly it didn't cross my mind that he was your brother. I mean you guys are very different." I laugh. "He told me some things about you." Toni sighs.

"Ugh. Things about Lisa? Look that girl is nothing but a liar. She told me that Michael was obsessed with her. She told me she never said two words to your brother. Then we got caught her story changed."

"Maybe you two should talk?" I suggest. "Talk? Baby I apologized to your brother for months and he still hated me. Plus we aren't in each other's lives anymore so it doesn't matter."

"It does matter to me Ken." Toni whines. "I don't think it's a good idea, but I'll think about it."

We arrive at the house and I gather Toni's bag. We head into the house with our fingers intertwined. Veronica and her boyfriend Chris were already there.

"Yo!" I yell through the house. "We're in here!" Veronica's voice rings from the pool area. "Come on baby." I say pulling Toni. I introduce Toni to Veronica and Chris then we go to the theatre room. 

"I still can't believe you live in a place like this." Toni says snuggling into me. Our bodies are embedded together as Veronica and Chris come in. 

"Cousin control yourself over there." Veronica giggles as she sits in Chris lap. "Your the one that can get pregnant, you control yourself." I warn as I look at Chris with a dirty look. Veronica is the closest cousin I have, more like a sister. We're the closest in age and growing up we were always together. I actually didn't realize until I was about 8 that she wasn't my sister.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Toni looks up at me with a disgusted look. I know I just fucked up and now I really don't know what to say. "Baby its not like that." I sincerely say but Toni gets up and walks off. I run off after Toni and find her in the kitchen. 

"If I got pregnant would it be my fault?" Toni asks taking me off guard. Over the years I've always joked around that it would be but I'm a different person now. "Of course not . It would be our baby and a blessing. Why? You aren't pregnant are you?" 

"How could I be pregnant if we use condoms plus I'm on the pill." Toni jumps off the counter and heads into the refrigerator. "Wait. So you got me wasting up condoms, when I can hit it raw?" I sit on the counter where Toni was sitting. "I had to make sure you didn't have cooties plus I kind of didn't trust you like I do now." Toni looks out the corner of her eye slowly. "I understand." I reply and Toni lets out a breath. 

"So tonight can we not use one?" I hesitantly ask. "Of course," Toni says and I excitedly jump off the counter. "We can use a condom." Toni finishes her sentence and my smile turns into a frown.