Chapter 12: Kenny's Night

Kenny

"Edmonds I don't have to tell you how important tonight is for you. Tonight the recruiters from the University of Oregon, Vanderbilt University and the Florida Marlins are out there. Play smart and good baseball just like you have been taught to." Coach pats me on the shoulder then leaves. I inhale slowly as the nervous jitters fill my veins and exhale as I say a quick prayer.

My mind drifts off to Toni and I quickly shake the thoughts out of my mind. I've texted her all day long and the only reply I got was to give her space. Space? Space from what? I didn't do anything for her to need space. But who cares I guess that's what I get for finally falling in love. I grab my glove and put my cap on then head towards the roar of voices. I look up in the stadium and see the only person that honestly cares for me, Veronica.

"The bases are loaded and next up to bat is Kenneth Edmonds. We've seen Kenneth in this situation before, lets see if he can make another miracle happen again." The commentators said loudly.

I stepped up to the base and before I knew it the first ball was blasting pass me. "STRIKE!" The Umpire yelled as I hit the bat on the side of my shoe. The second ball came and excitement filled my stomach. I choked up on the bat and swung with all my strength. "CRACK"! The bat splits down the middle as I hit the ball and it soars out into the stadium seats.

"He's done it again! This is history we are witnessing here tonight again!"

I run around the bases in glory as everyone cheers me on. I look up into the stands and see all the recruiters smiling and cheering me on. I step over home plate and get greeted by my team. The game is finally over so I go and take my shower so I can head home.

"Kenny there's a party tonight! You coming?" Veronica asked me smiling. "I don't know, I'm not really up for it." Veronica looked at me with pity. "Look get over her. If its meant to be it will, if not it won't. We're in high school don't take this love stuff so serious." Veronica grinned.

"Not bad Edmonds but I would've done better!" A disgusting voice yelled behind me making me and Veronica turn around. Standing there was Michael Braxton and the rest of his sorry ass baseball friends. "Take your broke ass back over the tracks!" Chris replied as he walked to Veronica and I. "Broke? Hardly that, just not a spoiled bitch like y'all!" Michael chuckled walking away.

I quickly got in my car and drove to the party. The old Kenny is back, and I don't care who likes it. For now on the only thing that matters to me is baseball and my family.

We arrived to the party and headed straight to the kitchen. Chris and Veronica both got some Vodka as I got some Hennessy.

"Slow down cowboy, what the hell you think you're doing?" Veronica asked me slamming her empty cup on the counter. "I'm just trying to loosen up." I reply back while pouring some Coca Cola into my cup. "Well your limit is 1 so have fun with that!" Veronica said before taking 2 shots of Tequila.

"You don't think you should slow down?" Veronica eyes widen with humor. "Nope. I can handle my liquor." Veronica smartly stated before wobbling off onto the dance floor. If it wasn't for Chris she would had fell straight on her face.

I didn't leave the kitchen for the next 20 minutes and I definitely regret it. I took some shots and drunk beer. I was drunk but I wasn't drunk, drunk. You know like I couldn't drive but I could give you perfectly good directions drunk.

I was walking through the floor and a body began to grind against me. All I wanted to do was go outside and get some fresh air but this will do. Soon I was surrounded by girls dancing and people chanting my name.

"You want to go upstairs?" I ask the girl that I was originally dancing with. "Yeah." Her and the 2 other girls replied. Soon I was being lead upstairs with one girl in front of me, and two with their arms wrapped around mine.

"Edmonds! Edmonds! Edmonds!" The house filled with chant.

The first open room we saw we went into. They went and sat on the bed as I locked the door. As my vision focused I realized who each girl was.

There was Tammy the state slut. Shay the deacon daughter, that will quote scriptures while you hit it from the back. Last but not least Lisa, the girl that made Michael Braxton hate me for nothing.

That's when an evil thought came across my mind. All these girls are connected to each other and Michael. It's time to be a little petty. I know practically everyone follows each other on snapchat and these girls love that app.

Lisa takes out her phone and starts to record herself rapping "For Free." I go sit beside her and join in.

"I go on and on can't understand how I last so long,
I must've had superpowers last 223 thousand hours,
It's cause I'm off of CC,
And I'm off the Hennessy,
And like your boy from Compton said you know this dick ain't free!"

During the videos I was rapping in Lisa's ear, while Tammy and Shay were feeling on me. I took my shirt off and soon the girls were completely naked.

3 hours later we we were all getting dressed. The girls were taking to long so I left first.

"How the hell you knock down all three of those girls?" Almost every guy at the party asked me. I just smirked and shrugged my shoulders, because honestly I don't know myself.

That night Chris drove us home while Veronica drunk ass yelled at me.

"Kenny I don't know what has gotten into you young man, but you better shape up fast! You have a bright future and you will not waste it on those bed hoppers! Do you understand me?" Veronica turned around with this stern look on her face. I looked at her shocked.

"Boy don't look at me look you crazy! Don't make me come back there!" Veronica gestured like she was about to climb in the back seat but Chris pulled her arm.

"I understand." I reply back realizing that's she's drunk as fuck and really thinks I'm her child.