Chapter 30: Houston We Have A Problem

Kenny

"I want you to come with me."

Those were the only words spoke. Toni laid on the bed staring at the ceiling. I sat on the floor and stared at the wall.

"Did you propose so I wouldn't breakup with you?" Toni asked. "Yes."

"You know I can still breakup with you?" Toni replied. "I know."

"So why can't you just be honest? You know I love you and would follow you around the world regardless." Toni sighed. "But you said you didn't do long distance relationships."

"My mind said that but my heart didn't." Toni said as a smile appeared on our faces at the same time. "I promise no more secrets. From now on I'm being honest about everything."

"I have a surprise for you!" Toni said sitting up on her knees. "You do?"

Toni slowly started to unbutton her lab coat revealing a matching lace bra and panty set. I was so focused on her body that I never realized her handing me a necklace.

"I want you to have this. My grandmother gave me this before she died. It was given to her by my grandfather before he went off to the war." Toni held out this necklace and smiled.

"Wow

"Wow. Thank you Tone." I hugged her as we both fell back onto the bed. I began to kiss her continuously all over her face. "Stop Kenny you're messing up my hair." Toni whined.

"Follow me." I said taking Toni's hand.

Toni

"I forbid it." My mother bitterly replied while rolling her eyes.

It had been a week of love and happiness with Kenny. I've never in my life been this happy before. Now we were sitting at this beautiful restaurant downtown with my mother and she was acting crazy.

"But mommy-." I whined but my mom cut me off. "But mommy nothing. You're too young to be talking about settling down. You don't even know the meaning of settling down. All y'all got between y'all is some not well thought out dreams and a GED." My mom hissed at us.

"I got my GED to follow my dreams to play in the MLB for your info." Kenny mumbled. "Oh and he talks back with his disrespectful ass!" My mom questioned chuckling. "The only disrespectful person here is you." Kenny says quickly getting up.

"Why can't you be happy for me?" I asked as I watched Kenny walk away. "Because you're not thinking logically. So you plan on following this little boy 3000 miles away? What about your dreams? Do you know what comes with marriage?" My mother persistently asks me.

"I'm going to college and I will graduate on time. All relationships have ups and downs and we've had our share. I know we can get through it."

"You poor child I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about children. The rate of you being pregnant is so high, I don't want that for you. I was young once and you might not want to hear this but, your lying ass father and I never used protection after we got married." My mother sighs.

"So you got two great kids out the deal?"

"Toni we' were young! Really young! As young as you two are! All we had was each other and love. The world was against us and it won. We had so many dreams and were on our way to accomplishing them then we got married." My mother than to cry uncontrollably.

"I don't understand are you calling Mike and I a mistake?"

"No. I'm saying that marriage is. I married your father after he cheated on me consistently. We always found our way back to each other so I thought we were meant to be. Before I knew it I was pregnant and was a young housewife with her dreams flushed down the toilet. I don't want that for you." My mom got up and quickly rushed out of the restaurant.

I sat there speechless. I never knew that my parents went through all of that. I always thought my mom enjoyed being a housewife. I got up and shuffled behind her making sure not to fall on my face. I ran out the door and the street was empty.

Kenny

"Can I have your autograph?" The girl asked screaming. "Uh yea sure." I smiled brightly.

This was my first autograph and it really lifter my spirit up. Soon I was bombarded with a crowd of people. I was taking pictures, signing autographs on babies, shirts, breast and everything.

"Kenny I'm ready to go." Toni said as she nudged her way through the crowd. "Hey baby, can you believe this? Look at all these people wanting to meet me!"

"Yeah that's sweet baby." Toni slightly smiled. "It'll take just a minute for me to finish."

3 Hours Later.....

I slowly unlocked the front door to the beach house and peeped in. Toni had left me and I promised I would be home 2 hours ago. I took my shoes off and tip toed towards the stairs.

"Don't bring your ass up these stairs! Everything you need is down there with you!" Toni's voice echoed through the house.

I walked in the living room and a weeks worth of clothes and all my hygiene products was laying there.

"Fuck!"

Is Toni's mother right? Are they too young for what comes with marriage?

How long do you think Toni is going to be mad this time?

Kenny just had his first taste of fame. Do you think it could be strike one for Toni to want to call off the wedding?

Vote & Comment! 🙂