Chapter 16: The Meet Up

Kenny

As we pulled up to the diner I saw it was packed. I had to park far from the restaurant. Stephanie and I hopped out and sat on the tailgate. Soon the sound of skates rolling towards up. I looked up from my phone and saw Toni. Our eyes met and we get lost into each other. There are some many things I want to say but I know this may not be the right time.

"Uh hello can we order?" Stephanie snapped her fingers at Toni. "Oh yeah. What can I get you?" Toni focused her attention on Stephanie. "An order of curly fries and a strawberry milkshake." Stephanie replied. "And you?" Toni asked never once looking up at me. "Can you recommend something?" I've been a hundred times and know the menu like the back of my hand. But I need her to look at me.

"Well I would suggest the new double steak burger." Toni looked down at the small menu strapped to her hip. "Okay I'll take that and a vanilla shake." Toni looked up at me and shook her head before skating off.

Operation get Toni back is in full effect!

Toni

Damn it! I don't need this right now! Our eyes met and I was locked into his stare. If I would had been there for a minute longer I would've definitely completely lost it.

I give the order to the kitchen and head to the restroom.

Breathe Toni, just breathe. He's moved on and so have you. Right? Remember Chad, your brothers best friend that you will never be able to be with completely. The guy that has been a great distraction these pass few weeks. The guy that I wish was Kenny.

"Ughhhhhhh!" I scream in anger. What did I get myself into? Chad is so nice and sweet, how do I let him down easily?

"Chad can I talk to you for a minute?" All the eyes at my brothers table darted to me except Michael's. He would think that Chad and I were messing around. He trusts Chad and looks at him like a blood brother meaning I would be Chad's little sister.

"Yea sure." Chad slides out the booth and follows me. I take him out back to the darkest part of the diner. There's only one streetlight and the sky giving us light.

"You know I like you very much but-." Chad puts his finger on my lips. "I know what you're going to say and I understand. I haven't been sleeping well and I've been acting different with Mike. He knows something is up and if he finds this out he'll die after he kills me." Chad smiles at me making me smile back.

"So are we back to normal?" Chad looks away and chuckles. "Well yeah I guess." Chad punches me in my arm before pulling me into a hug. "That hurts butthead." I chuckle as I hug him back.

"If your brother ask we were talking about those guys that disrespected you earlier." Chad says before walking back into the diner.

Kenny

"So Kenny I was thinking after we leave here we should go back to my place." Stephanie suggested looking up from her phone. "Uh no. I got something to do." I lied. "Well how about while we wait on the food we have some fun." Stephanie winked at me.

"Didn't he say no! Kenny didn't I tell you abou the girls that beg for it nonstop!" Veronica chuckles and sits between Stephanie and I. "Yeah you did." I mumbles as Chris laughs.

Veronica looks to her left at Stephanie. "That was your cue to leave baby girl." Veronica smiles causing Chris and I to laugh uncontrollably. "Gosh I hate you." Stephanie says hopping off the tailgate. "Right back at you hoe!" Veronica yelled at Stephanie smiling brightly.

"I saw my sister in law skating around here." Chris chuckles. "Yeah I saw her too. She's suppose to be bringing my food back hopefully." As soon I said that Toni skates up with the food.

"Hey sis!" Chris and Veronica say in unison. "Hey." Toni says while blushing. "Can we talk?" Toni and I say in unison. Chris and Veronica looks at us then speed walk away.

Toni

"I'm sorry for shutting you out like that. You did nothing wrong, that day I saw my dad cheating on my mom."

"It's okay I know that devastating feeling. I walked in on my mom and some guy the other day." Kenny sighed. "Ewww that sounds disgusting."

"It was. Then my dad came home and they announced that they reconciled."Kenny shook his head.

"I kind of had a boyfriend." I blurt out making Kenny's head shoot up. "Okay." Kenny brushes off my words with no reaction. "I messed with 3 girls at a party." My hand quickly moves across Kenny's cheek.

SLAP!

Kenny sits there like the slap doesn't faze him. He gestures for me to come sit by him. I hop up on the tailgate and Kenny sits close to me.

"Come to my house tonight." Kenny demands. "We aren't back together Kenny." Kenny wraps his arm around my shoulder completely ignoring my statement. He kisses my ear and licks my neck.

"I'll pick you up at 12:50." Kenny smirks.