Chapter 17: This Cant Be

Toni

After work I rode home with Michael. I quickly jumped out the car when we got home. I ran upstairs and locked my room door before heading into my bathroom to take a shower.

"Did your father tell you guys that he was going to be late tonight?" I overheard my mom ask Michael in the hallway. "No ma'am. He didn't tell me anything. I don't know about T." Michael responded. "Okay. She's probably tired I won't bother her." My mom says.

I hear Michael's room door shut then I hear the blender roaring in the kitchen. I know my mom isn't going to go to sleep until my dad comes home. That's if he does come home.

I jump out my window at 12:45 and start walking to where Kenny and I meet. Kenny pulls up and I hop in.

"Nice truck." I compliment Kenny high extra loud truck. "Thanks. No kiss?" Kenny ask making me blush. I lean over and kiss him.

We get to Kenny's house and walks in. Soft music is being played and two people are giggling.

"We have to stop this. I love my husband and I want to workout my marriage." Kenny's mom said.

I looked at Kenny and his jaw was clenched and his hand was tightly in a fist. Before I could do anything he bolted towards the sounds of his mom voice. I literally had to run behind Kenny to keep up. We walked into one of the houses sitting rooms. Kenny's mom was in the middle of the room slow dancing with a guy. His back was to us and he had an extra tight grip on Kenny's mom waist. His head was laid in Kenny's mom neck.

"Kenny?" Kenny's mom asked shocked as her eyes opened. The guy didn't turn around he just stood there stiff. Kenny walked to him and pulled him by the back of his shirt.

"Dad!" I yelled in disbelief. Not only is my dad cheating on my mom with one woman but two! "Baby girl I-." Before my dad can finish his sentence Kenny's left fist connects with his jaw.

"Kenny no!" Kenny mom yells.

Kenny

I'm mad as fuck right now! I'm actually pissed at my mom but I can't disrespect her like I can him!

I punched the guy repeatedly until his face became familiar. I turned around to see Toni crying her eyes out. My mom quickly hurried to us and I got off the guy.

"Matthew, Matt say something!" My mom began to cry. "Baby girl I'm so sorry you had to find this out like this." He looked up but didn't look at my mom but at Toni.

"I'm sorry baby." I walk up to Toni and hug her. "Baby? If you don't get your fucking hands off my daughter!" Matthew bolts up quickly.

"Really? You just got caught cheating with your second woman, and you giving orders?" Toni asks placing her hands on her hips. "Second woman?" My mom punches Toni's dad in the eye. "Yes ma'am second woman. He's married and has you." Toni rolled her eyes at her father. "How could you try to make me leave my husband when you haven't left your wife? You told me you guys were divorced!" My mom yelled pushing Matthew away from her.

Toni ran out of the house crying her eyes out. I quickly followed her.

"Toni wait talk to me!" I yell following her into the darkness. Toni began to run deeper into the woods. "Toni slow down its dangerous out here!" Toni stopped running and stood in the middle of the woods crying.

"Toni everything is going to be alright." I wrapped my arm around Toni but she wiggled away from me.

"No! This won't be alright! Everything is ruined now! Ken she'll leave him and we'll move back to Maryland!" Toni words and cries echoed through the woods. I honestly didn't know how to respond to that. I never thought in a million years I would never see Toni again.

"Toni! Toni! Where are you?" Toni's dad yelled as we slowly walked out the woods. Toni had gone mute and was in a daze. She was devastated and her dads voice and appearance made it worse.

"Toni lets go." Matthew calmly told Toni while staring at me. Toni turned to me and hugged me and I stared back at her dad.

"Okay that's enough!" Matthew snapped angrily. Toni looked up at me and kissed me. Then her and her father zoomed off into the night.