Apartment Twenty-Øne

I shrugged to myself a little sadly as we reached the complex. Josh didn't seem to notice. We reached the stairs to go to the next floor.

"I'm on the second floor, room twenty-one," he explained, leading the way to his place. I nodded and followed him.

We got to his apartment and he opened the door. It was very similar to mine. Small living room with an island for the kitchen. His was a two bedroom, however, and mine was only one. Aside from some basic furniture, everything was bare. He wasn't kidding. He hadn't decorated at all.

"Do you have roommates?" I inquired.

"Oh, no I don't. I'm going to use the second room for my drums," he answered as he rummaged around some cabinets in his kitchen. "Do you want something to drink?"

"Water would be nice. I got a little hot on the walk back," I laughed as I removed my jacket.

"Same," he said. He handed me my glass and began to take off his hoodie.

I thanked him and took a drink of water. I saw that Josh's shirt began to rise with his sweater. As he peeled the hoodie off, the shirt went with it. I choked on my water and nearly sprayed it everywhere.

I don't know what you think of me, but I think about you all the time was written along his left side.

Curiosity got the better of me. I lifted my own shirt up to my stomach and asked, "can you see this?"

"I cannot stop thinking about you."

I was at a complete loss for words. I didn't know what to say. I was overwhelmed, my mind buzzing with so many emotions. I realized that must have been why he pressed his arms against his sides earlier.

Josh strode over to where I was and wrapped his muscular arms around me. I couldn't help but notice he was very fit. A six pack and a well defined v-line graced his body.

"Hello, soulmate," he whispered.

My face was very hot, and I knew I was blushing furiously. He had a pink tinge on his cheeks that wasn't there a few minutes ago. It was kind of cute.

"So," he began with a laugh, "now that that's out of the way, do you want to go out to dinner tonight?"

"You mean like a date?" I asked playfully.

He grinned. "Well yeah. I want to know you."

I couldn't help it. I grinned back. "Sure. Where do you want to go?"

"Depends, what are you in the mood for?"

"Josh!"

"I was talking about food, I swear!" Josh exclaimed, laughing hysterically.

After laughing for a few minutes, I was finally calmed down enough to respond.

"I like almost anything. It can be something super cheap like Taco Bell and I wouldn't mind at all," I said.

His eyes lit up. "I freaking love Taco Bell."

"That's quite a place for a first date," I said with a giggle.

"You said it, not me," he said with a smile, his tongue poking out the slightest bit.

I checked my phone for the time.

"It's about to be seven, do you want to go now?" I asked.

"Yeah, let's go," he said, "I'll drive."

He grabbed his keys and headed for the door.

"Josh," I said as his hand was on the door handle.

"Yes?"

"You should probably put your shirt back on."

Shoutout to ChristinaMonson3 for being awesome and supporting me through tough times. You the realest 😍