Stressed Out

"Why are you stressing so much? Maybe the guys are just busy," Jennifer tried to assure me.

     Another Friday rolled around and Josh and Jack had gone out drinking with the guys. Jennifer, Natalie and I opted for a night of watching Bob's Burgers and eating ice cream. Natalie decided to stay with me for the week after she agreed to sign the lease when Alex came home.

     "I don't know. You know me, I overthink things," I said with a sigh.

     I hadn't heard from Josh in a few hours and to say I was worried was an understatement. But Jennifer was right. The guys could get pretty crazy and he was probably just busy. Or too drunk to function. I checked my phone again. Nothing. I sighed and tried my best not to think about it.

                       *~~*~~*~~*

Josh's POV

     "I love her, Jack," I admitted, the alcohol causing me to open up about how I feel.

     "Then tell her," he said simply, taking another chug of his beer.

     "What if it's too soon?"

     "At least you're being honest with her. I fell head over heels in love with Jennifer the second I saw her and I don't have the balls to tell her yet," Jack said, thumping me on the back.

     I exhaled and took another drink of my beer. I just wanted the drink off the tension I was feeling.

"I just don't know."

     After a while, Jack and I stumbled out of the bar. It was close to two in the morning and the guys decided to call it a night.

     "W-we should get a taxi cab," I said, hiccuping slightly.

   "Naw man. I'm cool to drive. We'll be okay," Jack said, reaching for his keys.

     "Dude, I don't know about that," I mumbled.

     "We'll be fine," Jack insisted, pulling me towards the car. "Come on, the girls are probably worried."

     "Fine," I sighed, giving in and clambering into the passenger's seat.

     Jack got in and shook his head a few him, exhaling loudly. He seemed to steel himself for a moment, then we were off.

     An uneasy feeling crept into my chest. I pulling my dead phone out of my pocket and absentmindedly began to toy with it. I was guilt-ridden at the thought of how worried Sam must be. I knew I would have a lot of explaining and apologizing to do.

     I looked up blearily to realize Jack was driving way too fast. We were steadily approaching a curve in the road, and Jack didn't seem to have noticed. He showed no signs of slowing down.

     My heart began to race, hands clutching the sides of my seat. Thirty feet away, twenty feet, ten...

     "JACK WATCH OUT!"

.
.
.
.
.

Oh my...