Some Things Were Meant To Be

Time skip. It's July of the following year.

They released the album and it's a hit. Josh and Tyler's tour schedule has gotten really hectic. I thought it was bad before, but now seeing him is extremely rare. I finally got a night with him after a few weeks.

"I feel like I never get to see you anymore," I said sadly, curling up next to him on the couch in my living room.

Josh sighed. "I know. It sucks and I miss you all the time now."

"I wish there was something we could do," I said wistfully.

"I mean there is..." Josh said after a moment.

"Like what?"

"Come on tour with us."

I sat upright and stared at him in shock. "What?!"

"Yeah. Come with us. It'll be for six months."

I continued staring at him, unsure of what to say.

"I don't know..." I trailed off.

Josh furrowed his brow. "Really? I thought you would be more into the idea."

I started pacing.

"So what am I supposed to do? Drop everything and just go? I have a job, and a family..."

"Sam, I'll take care of you!"

"You know it's not that easy for me! I can't stand the idea of not being able to take care of myself," I said, pacing even more vigorously.

"So you think we'll be okay with not seeing each other for probably months at a time? The best I could probably do on tour is see you maybe once during the two week break. Is once in six months enough for you? It sure isn't for me," he said sadly.

I stayed quiet. He was right. I could barely stand not seeing him for a few days. Months would probably kill me.

"Let me think about it," I whispered.

He leaned over and kissed me on the forehead.

"Okay."

Josh's POV

     "Tyler?"

"Yeah?"

"I want to marry Sam."

Tyler's brown eyes widened for a second, then he grinned.

"That's awesome! When are you going to propose?"

"Well you know how we had to schedule a show on her birthday?"

"Yeah..."

                  *~~*~~*~~*

Sam's POV

"Thank you for everything, Mr. Way," I said, smiling a little sadly.

"No miss Aldaine, thank you for all your hard work. We're really going to miss you. If you ever decide to come back, we'll be here with open arms," he replied with a sincere smile.