Chapter Ten

------------------------

"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell you dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten." - Neil Gaiman.

Dedication: KamilaDj123 for the new amazing cover! Kamila has some awesome covers if any of you guys are in need of one!

Recap:

My lips felt dry. Swallowing uneasily, I stepped back. I forced myself to speak, hoping my throat wasn't as dry as it felt. "Maybe."

"You should."

As I wound up the stairs, I glanced back at him. He was watching me, a small smile on his face. I rarely saw him genuinely smile.

It annoyed me that that small act, had butterflies exploding in my stomach, making me realise I was in more trouble than I thought.

----------------------

I scrunched up my nose. The tickling still persisted. I waved my hand around my face lazily. Same again.

"Faithless," a voice taunted.

I now realised why. Peering through one eye, I saw Xavier grinning at me, as he draped over the side of my bed. I sighed, rolling away from him.

"Hello?"

If I pretend he doesn't exist, he might just go away... I thought hopefully to myself.

Of course, I had no such luck.

"Faaaaaaithless," he sang, louder this time. "Darling, wake up."

"I ain't yo' darling."

"Ah, a response!" he cheered.

"Question," I stated, rolling onto my side and staring up at the boy next to me. "Would you find it weird if I came into your room, while you slept and played with your face until you woke up?"

He cocked his head to the side. "Sounds kind of creepy, when you put it that way."

"It is creepy."

"It's cute."

"Still creepy," I muttered.

"So you do think it's cute?" he persisted, smirking.

"What? No, ugh, leave me alone. It's a Saturday. I want to sleep in." I was off my game, but hey, I woke up like not even a minute ago. And besides, I was not a morning person.

"I want to go have some fun."

"Why don't you leave me alone?"

"Come on, you never let me do anything fun." He literally pouted.

"Do whatever the hell you want, I'm not your mum." I snapped, pulling the covers up so that I felt a little more reserved. "You can have fun without me being there."

"What if I make you breakfast?"

"I'm not falling for that."

"You were the one who sabotaged my breakfast, Faithless. I'm actually serious, let's go do something."

"Like?"

"Anything!"

"Why can't you go with someone else? You have plenty of friends." I argued, really not wanting to leave my toasty bed.

"Don't make me force you."

"Just go away, for God sake!" I scowled, burying my face into my pillow.