Chapter Thirty Four

-----------------

"I believe if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party." - Ron White.

Dedication: Emerald_Laufeydottir for the amazing cover! Thank you!

Recap:

"It's okay," I said with a forced smile, before making my way into school.

I rounded the corner and froze. Jasmine was there, leaning on the lockers. She passed a set of keys to Xavier, offering him a flirtatious smile.

My teeth ground together.

They have messed with the wrong girl.

-----------------

"Faith."

"Mm."

"You need to get up."

"Eh."

"Come on, you've been in bed for the whole weekend!"

"I don't wanna' get up," I groaned.

This is what my life has become. Lying in bed, too depressed to get up. I didn't even bother to get up for food. Which is saying something. I always want food.

Brooklyn's round, green eyes hovered over mine. "You're lazy."

"I know."

"You're a pig."

"I also know that."

"Come on," she laughed. "Get up. You'll feel better after a shower."

"I don't have the energy," I sighed. "Please just leave me be."

"That would be failing my duty as the best friend."

"No, my best friend should go get me some nutella and watch movies with me. Horror, thriller movies. Strictly no romance shit," I muttered.

"Don't you think a walk would be nice?"

"No."

"You're impossible," she sighed, planting her hands on her hips. "You really just want to sit in inside, on a day like this?"

"I am going to sit here with or without you, Brooklyn."

She sighed. "Fine."

Closing my eyes, I sighed.

When was this pain going to end?

***

"Aaaaaaand my shift is over," Brooklyn said, glancing down at her watch. "Not that I have not enjoyed watching all the Saw movies with you."

"Shift?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's Alex's turn to baby sit you now."

I let out a groan. Great. He was going to make me leave the house for sure. His method of dealing with a post-break up is to go out and have fun. Mine is to eat my body weight in nutella and not move for a week.

Brooklyn was a push-over and I could make her sit beside me for hours watching movies.

Alex on the other hand? Not a chance.

"Don't you dare leave me."

"Bye, have fun!" she sang as she sprinted from my room.

"BROOKLYN!"

"Hey Chooky," Alex called as he entered my room.

He had a loose-fit grey jumper on, a pair of faded, blue, ripped denim jeans and his signature gold watch that looked more expensive than my car.