Chapter Eighteen

------------------------

"Good. Better. Best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best." - St Jerome.

Recap:

Andrew Jacobs.

I didn't know the name. What did this guy want to do with Xavier? He didn't seem like the person Xavier would be hanging out with. I would hope, anyway. He seemed older than my dad.

I slowly let my eyes trail up towards the stairs.

I didn't have a good feeling about this.

--------------------------

I should punch Megan in the face more often.

I got to have a four-day vacation and got to hook up with Xavier over and over again. It was awesome. It was like ever since we slept together, our skin had become magnets.

I'd start making dinner, we were on the bench making out. I'd go to watch a movie, we'd end up making out on the lounge. I'd go to have a shower, we'd end up not only making out against the glass door of my shower.

Although it was beyond amazing, it was exhausting. He was hard to keep up with.

We had been running and doing work outs (which of course, also ended in make out sessions) which had been intense. My whole body ached. My muscles were screaming at me as I walked through school.

"Xavier must be an animal," Alex purred, both him and Brooklyn materialising beside me, knowing looks on their faces.

I rolled my eyes. "I did a workout yesterday that was obviously beyond my capabilities."

"Yes Faith," Brooklyn smirked, nodding, exchanging a look with Alex. "That's definitely what you did."

These two were lethal when they ganged up on me.

Shoving her playfully, we rounded the corner. I couldn't help but smirk at Megan's who face still looked funny. I got her good. She scowled, turning her back to me. The grin on my face only got wider.

"I've never seen you smile so much," Brooklyn commented, continuing to glance at me. "It's freaking me out a bit."

"She's in love," Alex cooed, pinching my cheek playfully. "Chooky girl Faith is in L-O-V-E."

I half shrugged, still unable to wipe the smile from my face, ignoring Alex's immature behaviour, too in a daze to get cranky at him. I brushed my hair back, biting my lip.

"I feel good."

"You look it, too," she agreed.

I was positively beaming, inside and out. The last few days had been awesome. I almost wanted to thank Jacob in preparing me for something like this. At least we hadn't had to experience the awkwardness of the "first time". Because it was natural, it was ten times better.

He was ten times better. Sorry Jacob.

We all went our separate ways. I was just wandering down the hallway. At school, my walk was fast-paced as I was always on a mission. Brooklyn half the time had to jog to keep up with me. But today, I was leisurely strolling around, not caring if I had anywhere to be.

Suddenly, a door to my left opened, smacking me on the shoulder. I staggered to the right in surprise. Before I had any time to recover, cool fingers wrapped around my wrist, tugging me in. A gasp left my lips. I stumbled in, hitting someone's hard chest.

I still had no time to comprehend what the hell was going on.

Lips met mine in a rush. I knew those lips very well. Xavier's hands gripped my hips, pushing me up onto a table behind us. I'm not one hundred percent sure where we are, but it's dark and smells kind of funny, so it must be a utility closet or something.