Chapter Twenty Eight

-------------------

"It is during our darkest moments, that we must focus to see the light." - Aristotle Onassis.

Dedication: Dredge116 for the character icons! Thank you!

Recap:

I pulled back and he stared at me for a moment. Grinning, I totally ignored the fact that I just dropped the 'L' bomb.

"Help me put it on!" I said in a rush, throwing the box at him.

"Okay, calm down," he laughed, before slowly wrapping it around my slender wrist.

My heart beat was slamming inside my chest.

I am such an idiot.

---------------------

I stumbled out of Adam's sister's minivan, half tripping over my own feet.

Xavier hastily gripped my arm. "You all good?"

"Yeah," I replied breathlessly. "Thanks."

"Your watch looks so hot," he grinned, pulling me out of the way so the others could also get out.

I just grinned back, my cheeks still flaming from saying 'I love you' to Xavier. He hasn't mentioned anything and hasn't been acting weird, so that's good. It's me who is being weird.

"Let's get fuuuuucked up!" Derek hollered.

He was late to his own party. He's actually the biggest idiot I know.

He pulled Brooklyn after him and I made a face as I watched her do whatever he wanted. I opened my mouth to call out to her but Xavier quickly placed a hand over my mouth.

"It's his party. Go one night without airing your opinion."

I rolled my eyes. "That's no fun."

"Come on," he urged, gripping my hand.

We entered the party and it looked like most of the invite list was already here. Xavier pulled me onto the dance floor and we began swaying to the music. Leaning down, he pressed his lips to mine.

I tilted my head back and stood on my tip-toes, kissing him passionately back.

We danced around what felt like hours, before I needed to take a break. And re-fill my drink again.

"Oi, Xav," Adam called out. "Come here!"

"Go, it's fine," I assured him.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

After planting a sloppy kiss on my cheek, he bounded over to his group of mates who were surrounding the ping pong table. Plastic red cups were lined up for a game of beer pong. I felt a little deflated that Xavier didn't even ask if I wanted to play. There were other girls there.

Maybe I did freak him about by saying I love you. Maybe it's too soon.

"Hey," I greeted as I saw Alex walking past, his hand in his date's.

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts before I end up having a melt down in the middle of the party.

"Hey Chook," he replied. "Want to dance?"

I tried not to look disappointed. "Nah, you go. I've danced enough."

Sighing deeply, I wandered into the kitchen. After re-mixing my drink, I began searching for someone to hang out with. Brooklyn was too busy swapping saliva with Derek and Olivia was chatting up some guy from the year below us. I could go sabotage it but that would be mean. Or should I?