Chapter Thirty Two

--------------------

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." - George Bernard Shaw.

Dedication: Christa1007 for the cover! Thank you!

Recap:

He folded his arms across his chest as he watched us. I shook my head and looked back to Jacob.

"Just like old times," he smiled.

"Just shut up and drive," I snapped.

Pay back's a bitch.

---------------------

Xavier's POV:

My heart beat hard in my chest as I stared into her eyes.

The very eyes that I've stared into many times before. When we were laughing, when we were teasing, when we were kissing. I felt a stab in my abdomen as I saw a crushed look of defeat fall across her face.

I know what I was doing was wrong, but I just wanted her to feel the pain and betrayal she made me feel.

My cheek still wore the stinging sensation from her slap. That's when I should have stopped messing with her, but I couldn't. She needed to know, to feel how much she hurt me.

She took off and I immediately reached for her, before mentally shaking myself. I wanted this to happen, right? I wanted to hurt her. Why was I still wanting to protect her?

It all happened so fast. Suddenly she had Jasmine pinned on the wall.

"Faith!" I yelled, grabbing her left arm.

It didn't help, considering she swung and smacked Jasmine straight in the face, with her free hand. Jasmine dropped to the ground and if we were under a different circumstance, I would have been impressed.

I had half-forgotten the intensity of Faith's fiery rage. I knew it got out of control, but I didn't realise it would escalate this quickly.

She spun on her heel, ready to hit me too, but I knew that's what she would do. I wrapped my fingers around her wrist, just before it came in contact with my face. I pushed her from me. I couldn't have her this close. My resolve would crumble and what I'm trying to achieve, wouldn't work.

"Go," I barked, my voice full of authority.

"Fuck you," she hissed through her teeth.

I flinched. I could physically see her body trembling. The stare between us burned with fire, before she took off down the hall.

A groan caught my attention. I dropped to my knees.

"You okay?" I asked.

"That bitch is psycho," she spat, anger dripping from her words. "How could you date that?"

I chose not to answer. I helped her to her feet and walked her towards her bed.

"I'll go get some ice," I offered.

I got to the kitchen, before I leaned on the door frame. It was cruel of me to have led Faith to believe I would cheat on her. It was a dick move, considering what happened with her last boyfriend.

But I couldn't just forgive her. I wanted her to know how much her opinion means to me and how much it hurt that she didn't think as high of me as I thought of her. I know my past is shaky, but she knows me. She is the only one who does know me.

If she can't see the good in me, no one would.

Maybe there isn't any good in me, after all.

"You okay?"