myg : save me

summary: in which he needed her all along.

genre: angst, fluff

word count: + 2k

part 6 of the 'save me' series.

the firefighters were still busy with extinguishing the flames, i stood in jimin's arms, he still held me tight, chin rested on top of my head. it's not as if i stopped crying, but by now, there were just tears rolling down my face. "(y/n)...what happened?", jimin asked quietly. i bit my lip. "it's my fault.", i whispered, causing the boy to gasp. "what the heck are you talking about?!" i shook my head and pulled away slightly, rolled up my sleeve a bit to reveal the scars on my pale skin. "i didn't stop, even if i promised yoongi to do so, and this morning, he caught me doing it again.", i whimpered. jimin immediately hugged me again while whispering: "there's no way something like this can be your fault, (y/n). please trust me. i'm sure yoongi wouldn't try to ...", he trailed off, not wanting to say what the both of us were thinking.

all of a sudden, one of the firefighters yelled something and i abruptly turned around to see two of them carrying ... a body with them. now nothing could hold me at my place, as i runned towards them, screaming my boyfriend's name. when i arrived at my destiny, i panted slightly. one of the men looked at me and asked: "so i assume you know this young man?" i nodded and looked at the boy i loved. his eyes were closed and parts of his clothes burned. there were also some scratches on his cheek and - his arms. i reached out and brushed a strand of hair out of his forehead. all of a sudden, i also noticed the huge stain of blood on his sweater, still fresh and wet. "is he....?", i didn't dare to say the word 'dead', i feared it might be too much. my opposite shook his head. "no, but i'm not one to judge, an ambulance is on its way, you'll have to join the ride to the hospital for further information.", he told me and i nodded. that was the least i could do for yoongi. "he sure is a lucky one, the fire didn't reach him to the fullest.", someone else added, and again, i nodded, as in trance.

everything seemed to happen in a blur. it felt as if it wasn't me who answered the doctor's questions, who waited for hours in front of the surgery. i faintly remembered the doctors and nurses telling me about inner injuries, about a knife. that yoongi flat lined once in the ambulance. it felt unreal.

all of a sudden, someone called out my name, and as i looked up, i saw a beautiful woman walking towards me in a fast pace, it was yoongi's mother. when she reached me, she immediately brought me into a hug, pulling me closer to her. "oh my god, (y/n), i-i ... i don't know ..", she attempted to say, but i shook my head and told her to sit down, as i explained everything i knew, everything that happened. once a while, a pained sob would escape her lips, she would clasp a hand in front of her mouth. it hurt to see her like this. "it's my fault, mrs. min.", i whispered, not daring to look at her, fearing she might agree. "what are you talking about, dear?! of course it's not your fault, you weren't even at the same place!"

with a quivering lip and a voice so shaky, i told her about the happenings from the day before, and she softly laid a hand on my arm. "oh my god, (y/n)...i feel so horrible. how could it be that i didn't notice?", she said, voice full of regret, as she brought me into another hug. "it certainly isn't your fault. that stupid yoongi. when he wakes up, i surely need to pick a bone with him." that moment, the door leading to the surgery opened and a doctor walked towards us. his face wore a neutral expression as he introduced himself to us.

"as he has lost a lot of blood, his body was weakened to a deathly state, which also explains why he flat lined on us in the ambulance." as the doctor went on, i glanced at yoongi's mother who was on the verge of breaking down. it was about her son, after all. feeling the urge to appear as a strong and powerful human being, i stood up and let her lean on my shoulder for support. "please continue.", i said to the doctor after bowing down politely.