Chapter 11

Yay!! More chapters!! Lol
Really, really, really short one here but I'm sick with pink eye today so I shouldn't be even typing or concentrating too much. So sorry! I'll make another chapter this week.

-Aquaocean2001

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Connor~

As I was running, it started to strangely pour down in rain.
I kept my pace as rain was pelting my face and body.

I reached my destination I said in my head. I saw her beautiful eyes, gleaming like emerald gems sparkling in the dark cave.
I grasped her arm tightly. I didn't want to loose her again. She wasn't awake though. I carried her over my shoulder, her hot breath keeping a small portion of my back warm.

I got back to the house, my arms aching. I lay her down on the couch. Tyler brings over a towel and hands it to me. "Thanks" I wrapped the towel around her and attempted to dry her off. She was still sound asleep. I wanted her to wake up. I didn't even know how long it has been since I've seen her. A month or two seemed reasonable

Paul touched my side, motioning me to step away and let her rest a bit longer. I walked to the hall and down the stairs to the basement.

I saw a light on in the library. As I walked over to turn out the lights, I heard a scream. The first thought came to my mind. Another problem? Instantly, selfish and guilt washed over me.
All I knew was it was near me. Most definitely in the basement.
I didn't want to be next-whatever "it" was- so I ran upstairs.
"What was that?!" I yelled.
"Jack just dropped a wrench down the pipe but when he went to take it out, it made a screech." Tyler explained.
"Oh."
I waltzed down the steps because now I was in a heroic mood that nothing else went wrong. No more problems...For now. I thought.

I went over to the library again and started organizing the books like Becca had taught me a while ago. "By the type of book first, then alphabetically by the authors last name." Her voice rang through my head. I sat down in my special corner full of pillows. I grabbed one of my favorite books from the shelf beside my head.

I woke up in a peculiar feeling and I didn't know why. I got up and slugged up the steps. I walked over to the couch and bent down to look closely at her.
Suddenly, I saw her eye twitch.
She slowly and delicately opened her forest green eyes. She took a deep breath in and looked right at me.

"Connor?" Her sweet sing-songy voice questioned me.

I smiled from ear to ear.
"Becca."