Chapter 12

Okay another short chapter. Lets see how long it takes me to write this (Writing this at 11:51 10/25/2013).

-Aquaocean2001

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Becca~

So I finally "woke up" from my bad dream. I was having an awful dream about me being a permanent wolf and the guys finding me and not recognizing me. It was dreadful.

When I opened my eyes, you wouldn't believe who I saw standing there. Connor! I was utterly shocked. I barely could remember who he was because I haven't seen him forever.
I sat up and hugged him tightly, not ready to let go when he pulled away.
"What?" I wanted to hug him longer.
He hesitated.
"Nothing. I'm just, just glad your back."
He looked past me, not in my eyes.
I got a little stubborn that he was hiding something from me but I didn't let it get to me.
"We have a lot of questions to ask you." Paul was in the kitchen so I had to move my whole body to see him.
"Yeah. How and why were you in the woods?" Tyler said as he walked over to Paul.
I scratched my head. How did I get in the woods?
"I can't recall what happened. All I can remember is...siting in the hospital bed."
"And...?" They were all staring at me. I started to feel uncomfortable.
"Well 'And' what?! I don't remember!"
"C'mon Becca. You can tell us anything." Jack pitched in the 'your-telling-lies' team.
"Stop! Okay?! I don't know what the heck happened! My head hurts and I can barely think straight with all of you nagging at me!" Tears started rolling down my cheeks. Connor touched my arm to comfort me, but didn't he understand? I don't know what happened and I just got back home and now they are judging me again!
"Becca, calm down. Everything's going to be alright." Connor was trying to help, his fingers still on my tense arm.

"No! Everything is not okay! I'm not okay! Now leave me alone!" I yelled. I pushed him away and stomped up the steps.
I slammed my door. Hard. I didn't care. I was raging with anger.
Why don't they believe me?! Why are they treating me like this? Why are they not happy I'm finally home? Do they not care?
I flopped down on my bed and screamed in the mattress.

I sat up and started to get so mad. They didn't care that I came home did they? All they wanted was answers. Answers, answers, answers. Everything always has to be perfect and solved before anything else happens.

I walked over to my dresser.
On the top, was a glass china doll. My mothers. She died when I was only six and she gave it to me and told me it was her favorite thing to look at when she was little.

I picked it up and opened it. Inside, were her ashes. I started crying again. I missed her so much.
I held the china doll to my heart and held my breath, feeling my heart rate slow back down.

I heard an odd noise coming from down the hall. Connor's loud feet. I closed up the china doll and turned to put it on my dresser when,

WHAM!

The door crashed into me.
I let out a short yelp.
In what felt like slow motion, I slipped on my ankle and my sweaty hands lost hold of my china doll. I saw the doll soar across the air and strike the floor.

CRASH!

"Oh Becca! Are you okay?! I'm so sorry!" He held out his hand but I didn't take it. I crawled over to the share of glass and began weeping.
Connor's eyes got wide.
I started to pick up the ashes that had spilled out and Connor walked over so he could help but as soon as he bent down, all of the ashes scattered like flowing water.
"I'm so sorry!" He went to go catch as much as he could but it was no use, the ashes were out the window with a breeze.
I froze.
"Becca I'm-" Connor started.
"Her ashes. Those were her ashes!"
I stood looking out at the window. I was ticked off now.
"It's okay! You still have the china doll. We can glue it back together!" I heard him say behind me.
He started to walk toward the door.
"I'm gonna get some glue."

I heard a loud shatter.
I slowly turned my head to see Connor with a pale face. My china doll was no where to be found. Connor lifted his foot to reveal it smashed to smithereens.
"Oh Becca! I'm-" Connor started.
"GET OUT!!!" I screamed at him.
"But-"
"NOW!"
He bolted out the door.