Chapter 21

You. Guys. Are. The. Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You people are the most awesome people EVER!!!!!

I have about .5k reads, ALL FROM YOU!! I started this book...like 4 months ago (about) and I already have that many people reason my book! Technically I only have 40 reads...bc 500/20=40 but whatever. I don't care. Well I do but seriously, time for reading.

-Aquaocean2001

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Becca~

I woke up to the smell of soup and mold. I looked around. I was in someone's bed, not mine, not one of the guys'. The room was red and coated in dust.

An older woman walked up to me,

"Hello dear, I see that you are finally awake; Would you like some chicken noodle soup?"

She looked at me, like my mother used to.

"Ummm...yes, please." When I spoke, pain sparked through my whole body. First starting with my throat, rushing to my shoulders, and creeping down my spine, all the way to my toes.

"Alright sweetheart. Here you go," she handed me a bowl of warm soup.

"Be careful, it's hot!"

She cautiously warned me as she walked out.

I nodded. I really wanted to drink or eat something warm. My body was shriveled with cold and pain.

I picked up the spoon and blew on the soup and ever so carefully brought it up to my sore mouth.

As I drank, I could feel the spots on my skin that were torn from the accident. My throat, my left temple, my chest, the top of my head, the small of my back, my right knee, and both of my feet. Everything.

Even after I drank some of the woman's soup, I was freezing. I looked to my side. The door was open and it led to a hallway. The same hallway the kind but suspicious lady came in and out of.

I slowly sat up, sending chills of pain and regret through me.

I was able to walk but when I looked down at my feet, they barely looked like my original feet. Scarred from side to side, they were unrecognizable. I don't know how long it will be until they are healed, but by the looks it might be around 6 months. I walked through the hall, making little baby steps. Thankfully there was a door to outside so I could finally get out of this old, moldy, home. I stumbled at the last few steps toward the exit, my feet wrenching with agony. I put my hand against the door, my breath fogging up the glass. It was cold out. The cold would freeze my cuts and open scabs and I would be numb. Numb enough to run far away from here and find a temporary home. I must be miles from the house because there were no trees. All houses and open plains. There weren't any houses or open plains near the house.

I wrapped my hand around the metal door knob. I pulled open the door as my body screamed in pain. Suddenly, a chime sounded. Not a musical one, but a burglar alarm.

Shit. I should have known she would have turned on the alarm!

I shouldn't be escaping. She didn't do me any harm; she was just trying to help me.

The lady thundered down the steps. She held a sharp kitchen knife.

Oh god.

"Going somewhere? I think not."

She hissed at me.

"I...I...I...need some air!"

I stuttered.