Chapter 20

20th chapter!!! Extra long chapter this time!!! And, I will be stuck in the car for 6 hours on Thursday so I MIGHT write another chapter. Unfortunately, the chapter won't get published until Saturday evening because I won't have Internet (going up to New York to see cousins) SORRY! Love yall😘

-Aquaocean2001

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~James~

Strange tubes were attached to my arms. Everything was white and clean.

Doctors and nurses were surrounding me; stumbling around each other.

A heart monitor was by my head. The screen showed my heart beating and the doctors scattered around me like small children.

They had bells and machines that beeped. But I couldn't hear a thing. They tried to help me up, everything a silent thud in my ears.

Why am I here?

What happened to me?

I look down at my hands-they were wrapped in medical tape; needles underneath of them. I had no sense of direction, everything seemed so crystallized in perfection.

All of the sudden, everything stopped except for me. I stood up, wobbly at first but I regained my balance.

I made my way to the door, everybody still as frozen in time as ice. I opened it up and something wasn't right. A spinning vortex of black was in front of me, not another hallway. Suddenly, something pushed me in and I was engulfed in the darkness.

I was spinning and spinning, for what at first seemed like seconds, turned into minutes, hours, days, weeks. I couldn't think. My mind was completely blank. Except for small flashes of light inside my brain. They showed pictures of something. I couldn't quite make out what they were. It only showed for a second, and then it dissolved into the eternal blackness of my mind.

When I thought the pictures were over, a short movie played in my brain.

I was in a house, a bedroom. I was in a bed and there was a humidifier to my right. There was no windows so I suppose I must be in a basement of some sort. The view changed and people were flashed across the screen. None of which I recognized. Then, the 'short film' ended and I was once again, in complete blank state. When I opened my eyes, I was in the movie my mind played. Except, this wasn't a movie, it was my life. Confused, I sat up. I heard the bed squeak. I gasped.

I could hear again.

"Hello?" My voice echoed. It was a lot deeper than I thought it would be.

"Hello?!" I said, louder this time. I loved the sound of my voice.

I heard thunderous running feet above and shouting about some guy.

"He's awake! He's awake!" Someone shouted.

I heard more feet and then silence. There was 4 people in front of me.

"Where am I?" I asked the people.

"James, you're in the basement!" One of the boys said.

"Who's James?

Who am I? Who are you?

What happened to me?

Why am I here?

How did I get here?

When did I get here?

How long have I been asleep?

Was I even asleep?

Why can't I remember anything?"

I asked them continuos questions.

"You're James. We are your friends sort of. We don't know. Because you live here. Jack carried you down here. 3 months ago. 2 months. Yes. You were in a coma and you lost your memory." One of the guys answered a lot of my questions. He must have awesome memory because I can't even remember what questions I asked him.