Chapter 26

Okay, I've included some random names in this chapter (along with last names). if any of these are your actual first/last name, it is by honest coincidence. Annnnnddd, I have no idea where I'm taking this anymore but it's fun to see where my fingers go to find the keys and type up something new and unreal. Lol okay I'm back.

-Aquaocean2001

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Becca~

I swear I'm getting delusional. I can't function anymore. All I know is that the day before, I was in a bed, in my brother's house. Now, I'm sitting in the waiting room of a hospital.

I was asleep, until some little kid next to me started making plane noises and running around with his arms out while squealing "It's gonna crash!" And then some huge dramatic crash noise as he tumbled to the floor.

That's probably the most understandable thing going on right now.

I don't know what has even happened or how I even got here but I need to know or I'm going to go crazy.

All I could conclude was that I was at a hospital, waiting for something.

It was about an hour later, when they finally called my name for whatever reason.

"Rebecca Smith?"

I slowly got up, still really confused because I don't understand what's going on.

"Yes...?"

"Please follow Dr. Lu and her assistant, Dr. Harris to your room."

She motioned to two people that seemed to appear out of nowhere.

Dr. Lu looked at me with her warm brown eyes, comforting me like my own mother's.

"Please follow us this way." She said. As she walked down the hall, her white doctors robe flapped against her legs, it was obviously too big for her. She opened up a door on the right side of the hall and signaled me to go in.

"You can sit down if you want." Dr. Harris pointed to the cot covered in wax paper.

"I'm okay."

He shrugged as Dr. Lu was shuffling through some papers on the desk.

"Can I ask you a question?" I said.

"Yes?" Dr. Lu said without even looking up from her searching.

"Why am I here?" I had to know at one point or another.

She dropped her papers and slowly turned around, looking worried.

"What do you mean?" Her voice suddenly shaky.

She turned to Dr. Harris who was staring at me with concern. He wasn't much older than I was, maybe a year or two.

"I mean, what happened to me? Who brought me here?"

Dr. Lu was fiddling with her short black hair before she walked out.

I stared at the door she left out of, surprised. I looked back at Dr. Harris, who still gave me a stern look.

"Are you absolutely unsure of what happened?" He ran his hand through his short but spiked hair.

"Uh yes? I'm really confused."

He stepped closer to me.

"You were found on the side of the road, your head cut open."

I touched my forehead and inspected my hand. Sure enough, there was blood on it.

"It's gotten better now but we didn't know what happened because we also saw a..."

"A what?"

He stepped even closer.

"A wolf."

I tried to act horrified.

"A wolf?!"

"Shhh." He put a finger to his lips to signal to be quiet.

"Do you know about wolves?" He asked me.

"N-no."

"That's strange because when I took your blood when you were still unconscious I found your blood was already infected with it."

I felt my whole face turn a deep shade of red.

"I know a lot about wolves too."

He put his hand on my cheek.

"Because I'm one too."

And he slowly leaned in, and I knew that it would be a good time to close my eyes because who else wants to kiss with your eyes open?