Pairs

Author's Note: Hi guys! I am so sorry for the lack of updates. I've been really busy lately. Another problem is I have severe writers block and it prevents me from doing anything. But I promise there will be more updates in the future. Thank you guys for waiting so long and once again I'm so sorry. Enjoy. 

Astrid's POV:

I groan as I feel the sun's burning rays shining through my bedroom window and I cover up my face with my arm. I'm reminded it's a Tuesday and I dread the day to begin. I pull my comfortable bed sheets off of my drowsy body and heave a sigh. I sit up and regret it when a sudden headache invades my head. Hangovers are the worst. I get up from the bed that dares to creak and head over to my opened closet.

I pull out a white tank top and remove my pajama shirt and pull the white tank top over my pale torso. I find a red and black plaid flannel and pull it over my head so it's covering the tank top. I find a pair of ripped black jeans and replace my pajama pants with the jeans that wrap around my legs. I grab my black converse that are lying on the floor next to my nightstand and allow them to cover my feet. I headed into the bathroom to brush my teeth and put my hair in a braid with my blonde bangs covering the left side of my face.

With a satisfied nod, I begin down the wooden steps of my house. I walk into the living room where I spot my father passed out on the dark brown leather couch that stays neatly in the cream colored room. The television is on and the daily news reporters do their jobs happily on the bright sunny morning. Pictures of my family hang on a metal nail against the painted walls proudly. I glance at the happy pictures of my family that consist of my brother, mother, and father. I look back at my father on the couch and shake my head with disgust. I walk into the white tiled kitchen and collect my book bag from the counter. Without a second thought, I head into the outside world where the unpredictable day begins.

As I walk to the learning center they call school, I remember what I have stored in my bag. Cigarettes. I stop in my tracks and grasp the small box from the black bag that holds all of my belongings. I grab one from the semi-broken box and light it. I stick it in my mouth for a few seconds before pulling it out and exhaling white smoke. I smile at the sight and continue my way to school.

-

Hiccup's POV:

"You're leaving again?" I ask and look up from the document my father handed me. "But you just got back two days ago."

It was a bright Tuesday morning. I woke up to a black dog licking my freckled face with his daily reminder that it's another school day and I should get up. After successfully disrupting my sleep, I scolded the dog and hopped out of my dark green covered bed. I slowly walked into my walk-in closet and was immediately suffocated in a room full of the clothing I owned. I spotted a pair of dark blue jeans and a red shirt which I happily put over my body. After completing my look with black converse, I headed into my private bathroom and did my morning routine. I brushed my teeth and left my auburn hair the way I liked it, messy.

Heading downstairs with my best friend, Toothless, following, I walk into my dining room. My father and mayor of our city, Stoick Haddock, sits reading the daily newspaper while sipping a hot cup of black coffee. His eyes light up at the sight of me but I choose to ignore it.

"Good morning, son." His loud and strong voice fills the silence in the room.

I turn towards him and give a small smile. "Good morning."

I walk out of the room and enter the large kitchen. I walk over to a brown cabinet that hangs of the wall. I spot dog food and grasp it out of the small compartment. I grab Toothless's food bowl and pour the dry food pebbles into the red bowl. After filling the plastic container, I place it back onto the cold white floor. I lean against the counter and watch as my father gets up from his seat and slowly walks over to me, handing me a piece of paper. I look down at it and read the document curiously.