Chapter 8: Starbound

The bus arrived at the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts, where Starbound was being held at, The girls got off first, then the moms, then Gianna, Sebastian and Abby as the girls got their dancing bags. They entered the building and Sebastian had gotten the ALDC signed in and they entered the dressing room.

"Kelly, Christi, we want you two to get Brooke Paige and Chloe for their solos because they're up first!" Abby barked as Kelly and Christi started to do their daughters' hairs while the three girls were doing their makeup as the other moms and girls were watching.

"Mom, is there anything you need me or Gia to do?" Sebastian offered.

"No thanks, sweetie." Abby responded. "But thanks for asking."

"Ok." Then after the hair and makeup were done, Chloe, Brooke and Paige all headed into the changing room and changed into their costumes. The first to come out of the changing room was Chloe and she was decked out in a burgundy Shimmering Sequin Stretch lace that sparkled the bodice of the lyrical silhouette. A tiered soft tulle skirt added an air of drama with Nylon/Spandex trunks attached and she had a rhinestone barrette on her head.

Brooke was next to leave the changing room and she was wearing a Sequin stretch lace that shimmered over the Nylon/Spandex cropped top of the two piece style. The sequin stretch lace accented thr wide waistband of the fun and full curly hem tulle skirt. Nylon/Spandex shorts were attached to the skirt and also, Brooke had sequin stretch lace fingerless gloves and crystal applique.

Coming out of the changing room last was Paige, who was in a blue foil spandex and stretch lace biketard with lined sequin spandex inserts, Hook neck closure and attached lace skirt with Headpiece and puffs included.

"You three look amazing!" Mackenzie stated.

"I agree with Kenzie." Brookie agreed.

"I bet the other competitiors are gonna be in awe when they see you three dancing." Nia said.

"Thanks for the compliments." Chloe, Brooke and Paige replied.

"You're welcome." Maddie said.

"Coming up in our elite junior soloist division we have Chloe from the Abby Lee Dance Company with How Long Will I Love You?" Chloe stepped out on to the stage and took her spot to wait for the music to start so she could do her routine and she was doing wonderful with her solo and then, she added some tricks that Abby, the moms and the girls hadn't seen before and it amazed them all and she finished her solo.

"How did she learn those tricks?" Abby asked, amazed at the tricks Chloe had just done.

"Yeah, that was amazing." Christi added.

"I bet Sebastian had something to do with that, he probably taught her some of those tricks." Kelly guessed.

"That's what i think." Holly agreed.

"Sebastian, what would we ever do without you?" Abby whispered, giving her son a kiss on his cheek.

"I'm full of surprises." Sebastian admitted.

"We know you are." Gianna said.

"What will he come up with next?" Melissa wondered.

"You never know." Hollie stated.

"Next is Paige from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Vogue!" Paige did a strut on to the stage as she stood on it, she did good with her solo as she was dancing, even though there were some flaws and headed off the stage.

"Up next we have Brooke from the Abby Lee Dance Company with One Sweet Love." Brooke came on to the stage, ready to do her solo, but it was not like the previous times and from the start of her routine she shockingly was slacking in her routine, but she still did her solo and got cheers as she headed off stage.

"Kelly, what was going on with Brooke?" Sebastian asked.

"I don't know, she was probably having an off day because usually, she's a great dancer on the stage." Kelly observed, then they headed backstage and waited for Chloe, Brooke and Paige. They arrived and got cheers and hugs from the girls and moms, then Abby was the last one to enter.

"Chloe, those tricks you did were amazing. Sebastian really taught you well." Abby told her as Christi smiled, seeing her daughter get complimented. "You did well too, Paige. Brooke, what happened out there?"

"I don't know what happened out there, i might have been having an off day today." Brooke answered, with a stoic look on her face as Abby rolled her eyes.

"Moms, get the girls ready for the group dance!" Sebastian ordered as Christi, Kelly, Melissa, Holly and Hollie all began to get their daughters ready for the group

The girls all came out and their costumes consisted of a sequin stretch lace that overlays the Nylon/Spandex biketard with a matching asymmetrical sequin stretch-lace sleeve for extra sparkle. A sequin stretch-lace-and-tricot side bustle is accented with an attached lace feather flower at the hip with adjustable straps.

"You girls look great!" Christi told them, then a stagehand came in and told the girls that their routine was coming up and they left the dressing room as Abby, Sebastian, Gianna, Christi, Kelly, Holly, Melissa and Hollie took their seats to watch the group dances.

"Next in our elite junior small groups we have Love Me Again by the Abby Lee Dance Company." The girls headed onto the stage and took their spots as the applause came to an end, then like a synchronized swimming team, the girls were dancing to the music, they even did some tricks that they were taught and the music ended and they stepped off the stage to applause and it was awards time as every dance studio team that competed was on their stage and the solo awards were first.

"In third place.......One Sweet Love by Brooke from the Abby Lee Dance Company!" Brooke got up and got her award, she thought that she was having an off day that day, but she knew that there was next time.

"In second place.......Vogue by Paige from the Abby Lee Dance Company!" Paige had gotten up to receive her award

"And in first place.......How Long Will I Love You by Chloe from the Abby Lee Dance Company!"

"Nice job, Chlobird." Brooke said to Chloe.

"Thanks, you two did great as well." Chloe replied.

"You're welcome." Paige smiled, then it was time for the group awards as places 10 through 2 were announced, which meant that first place was going to be announced.

"In first place.......Love Me Again by the Abby Lee Dance Company!" Abby, Sebastian, Gianna and the moms all cheered the girls for a job well done as the girls got their award, then they went backstage, packed their things, got on the bus which took them to the aiport, where they caught a flight back to Chicago.