Chapter 7: Arriving in San Antonio

It was early saturday morning at O'Hare Airport and the Abby Lee Dance Company were sitting at gate B20 and they were going to fly to San Antonio for Starbound and the time was 7:30 AM as the sun was shining and it was another cold, windy day in Chicago, which is why it's called the Windy City as Planes were flying in and out and Blue Line trains were coming from and going to Forest Park, which was in and there was a huge plane that was flown by United Airlines, which was a Boeing 747-400.

"That's a huge plane." Mackenzie said, in awe of the jumbo jet.

"Yes it is, Kenzie." Chloe responded. "Sebastian told me that is a Boeing 747-400."

"What's significant about this plane?" Maddie asked.

"It's a four engine plane and it uses a double deck configuration and they have an hump-like upper deck that usually served as a first class lounge or for extra seating." Paige answered.

"Wow." Brookie simply said.

"Also, from what i found out, the 747's were built in 1968, but it didn't start flying until 1969 and they entered service in 1970, it's first passenger flight was a New York-London route." Nia added.

"That's intriguing." Brookie stated.

"I bet Miss Abby, Sebastian and Gia have been on this plane a lot whenever they had to fly to a competition." Brooke told the girls.

"Miss Abby told me that they took Amtrak once to Milwaukee." Chloe stated.

"Mom, myself and Mackenzie rode Amtrak once too." Maddie admitted.

"Do you think we might see the Alamo while we're in San Antonio?" Nia asked.

"We might, we might not." Paige answered as Abby, Sebastian and Gianna were chatting as well.

"Mom, remember when i was little, you'd take me to see the Alamo?" Sebastian asked, reminiscing on old times when Abby would take him to San Antonio.

"I sure do, we even got to see the San Antonio Spurs play twice in the old Alamodome." Abby answered.

"And sometimes, i'd tag along and also, we'd go to Tower of the Americas and it gives a great view of the Alamo CIty when we were in the observation deck, you've not only taken Sebastian everywhere, but you've taken us everywhere we went."

"Sure did, whether it would be for a competition or a vacation." Abby said. "We took a trip to Chattanooga, Tennessee once when Sebastian was nine and you were 10 and we looked at the smoky mountains."

"I remember that, we saw the lights and it was a beautiful view." Sebastian added.

"Do you still have that picture of us when we went there?" Gianna asked.

"I sure do, Gia. It's in my photo album at home." He answered as Gianna was looking at him, her pupils were dilated as she was gazing into Sebastian's eyes with deep interest and her crossed leg was pointed towards him as the moms talked about traveling.

"We've been everywhere when it comes to a competition or a vacation." Kelly said.

"Yep, even though Abby and Sebastian can be tough on our daughters, they do like to have fun too and see the sights." Melissa added.

"Have you been to texas before?" Christi asked Hollie.

"Several times, me and Brookie were in Dallas and we met legendary Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman, that was a fun vacation." Hollie answered.

"I can tell." Holly said.

"Have anyone of you ever been to a Rodeo?" Christi asked the other moms.

"Once, when Abby took Nia and myself to one in Houston." Holly answered.

"Your attention please, United Airlines announces the boarding of flight #1231, which is nonstop to San Antonio, Texas. Please have your tickets out and whoever has first class or business class seats can line up and board first, coach passengers can board after them."

"Girls, you're in coach and moms, you're in business class with me, Sebastian and Gianna." Abby informed them as they all got up and headed to the line and they were the first ones in line.

"Do you have boarding passes for business class?" Asked the flight attendant, then Abby, Sebastian, Gianna and the moms all pulled out their business class tickets and showed it to her.

"Here are the business class tickets." Sebastian stated as he, his mother, his friend and the moms gave the flight attendant the tickets and checked them and made sure they were the right tickets and he even checked the girls tickets, even though theirs were coach tickets.

"Go ahead." The flight attendant said as the girls, the moms, Abby, Sebastian and Gianna all walked through the gate into the jet bridge

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain speaking, welcome aboard United Airlines flight #1231, this is a nonstop flight to San Antonio, Texas. Flight time is 2 hours and 35 minutes, we will be taking of shortly. Please fasten your seatbelts and turn off all electronic devices until we reach an altitude of 30,000 feet sit back, relax and enjoy the flight." The captain said.

Abby, Sebastian, Gianna, Christi, Kelly, Holly, Hollie and Melissa all fastened their seatbealts and then the stewardess was telling them about the illuminated exits, the seat/floatation devices and the air masks that were to be used in the event of an amergency.

Then another stewardess closed the door of the plane, then the jet bridge moved from the plane and the plane began to back out of the gate and it manuvered it's way to the runway as Gianna felt her hand fall on Sebastian's hand and they both felt electricity and the assistant choreographer smiled at him and he smiled back as the plane approached the runway four minutes later, the engines began to rev up as the plane began to go down the runway, lifted off into the sky and it was on it's way to San Antonio and two minutes into the flight, they were at the altitude of 30,000 feet.

"Attention please, this is your captain speaking, we have now reached the altitude of 30,000 feet and you may now use your approved electronic devices." The pilot stated over the intercom.

"All righty." Sebastian said as he pulled out his laptop and turned it on. When it came on, he went to his Facebook profile and was looking at some pictures as Gianna was looking with him, Abby was on her phone and the moms were just talking and down in coach, the girls were talking quietly and reading magazines.

At 9:30 AM, the plane had landed with no problem on one of the runways at the San Antonio International Airport, the plane began slowing down.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, We have now arrived in San Antonio International Airport. The temperature outside is 82 degrees and the time here is 9:30 AM. Thank you for flying with United Airlines and we hope you fly with us again." The pilot said and then the plane made it's way to the gate everyone grabbed their personal belongings.

"All right, we've finally made it to San Antonio." Sebastian stated as he got up from his seat and walked with the moms, the girls, Abby and Gianna. They all got off the plane and walked through the jet bridge and when the gate opened, they were now in the San Antonio International Airport. While walking to the baggage claim, Abby and the moms noticed that Gianna was whispering something in Sebastian's ear and it made him laugh.

"They like each other." Christi told Abby.

"I know, but they don't want to admit it." Abby responded. "They frequently sit next to each other wherever we go."

"At one point, they'll finally admit it." Kelly observed.

"I've seen it before." Hollie said.

"From the signs i've been seeing, it probably won't be long." Holly added.

"You might be right, Dr. Holly." Melissa said as they all got their bags from the baggage claim, headed to the exit where a bus was sitting, they got on and were on their way to Starbound.