Chapter 15: Post Competition Drama

Saturday had come and Abby, Sebastian, Gianna, The Moms were all sitting in the seats watching the StarPower competition and they were in Kansas City, Missouri, home of the Kansas City Royals and the Chiefs and the girls had just done their routines and it was awards time.

"Hopefully, the group dance can bring us back to our winning ways." Sebastian told his mother.

"I hope so, too." Abby agreed.

"The girls got this." Gianna assured the two.

"Our first place mini soloist is Mackenzie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Indian Summer!" Mackenzie got up to receive her award as the audience applauded.

"Whoo!" Abby and Sebastian both cheered and Melissa was clapping, but she wasn't as energetic.

"Mackenzie did a good job." Hollie stated.

"In third place is Maddie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Enjoy Yourself!" Maddie got up and was unhappy that she had gotten third place as Melissa was unhappy as well as Maddie got her award.

"In second place is Nia from the Abby Lee Dance Company with One Wish!" Nia got up to receive her award from the announcer and she stood next to Maddie.

"And our first place elite junior soloist is Chloe from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Shining Star!" Chloe got up and that was another win for her as she got up, got her first place award, then the group awards were next as Abby, Sebastian, Gianna and the moms were hoping for a win to get them back in the winning column.

"In first place is the Abby Lee Dance Company with Kiss of Life!" The girls had gotten up to receive their award, their four competition losing streak had ended with those words and that would be a sign that they would be back to their winning ways.

"I think we're back to our winning ways!" Christi cheered.

"You know it!" Holly said, high fiving her.

"We might be and we need to keep it that way!" Sebastian told the moms.

"Finally, we get a win after four competitions." Abby said with a relieved smile on her face.

"This win is gonna help us big time when we get to Nationals!" Gianna told the dance teacher.

"I've got a feeling that Abby is giving Mackenzie more chances and is holding back Maddie." Melissa said to herself, then a few minutes, the moms, Sebastian, Gianna and Abby were in the hallway and the girls ran towards them with their trophies and they got hugs from them. The first one to get hugged was Chloe, who got one from Abby and Sebastian, then from Christi.

"Girls, you did a great job today, now let's head to the dressing room and get ready to head for home." Sebastian told the girls as he with Abby and Gianna led the way to the dressing room as they both held his hands.

"Abby, i need to talk to you and Sebastian." Melissa said, the girls and the other moms had a feeling that Melissa was about to start some drama as they entered the dressing room.

"Come on, let's not do this in front of the girls." Sebastian interjected.

"This is gonna get real ugly." Hollie stated to the other moms.

"I can tell." Kelly responded.

"No way, this has been great day and you wll not ruin it whatsoever." Abby said.

"Melissa, just cool down and go and talk with Abby and Sebastian in the hallway." Hollie suggested.

"Yeah, you don't have to do this in front of the kids!" Holly added.

"No, i've tried to talk to Abby, i've tried to talk to Sebastian, they should be in the hallway talking to me!" Melissa demanded.

"Melissa, you are not the boss of anyone here, Abby is!" Christi said.

"Abby makes the rules and you have to follow them!" Kelly stated.

"I'm trying to be the mature person, but Abby and her son keep pushing Maddie to the Wayside and i understand that Mackenzie is shining too, but they--"

"Melissa, shut up!" Sebastian screamed as he held Chloe and Gianna hugged Mackenzie, both of the girls were starting to cry. "You're making Mackenzie and Chloe both cry!"

"You keep out of this, this is between me and your mother, you hippie!" Melissa retorted at the adoptive son of Abby.

"HEY! Don't you ever insult my son!" Abby yelled, her blood would boil whenever someone insulted Sebastian.

"When will Maddie get a chance to shine?! You've been focusing your attention on Chloe and the other girls, you should be giving fair chances to Maddie too, you fat hippo?! YOU'VE BEEN STACKING THE DECK AGAINST MADDIE FROM THE START OF THIS SEASON!" Melissa said.

"Come on, girls. Let's head into the hallway." Kelly softly told them, but Maddie and Mackenzie were embarrased at their mother's action as Kelly and Holly got the girls out of the dressing room.

"Melissa, don't you talk to my mother like that, She knows what she's doing and you need to keep that blabbering mouth shut! You're not doing any good or any favors to Maddie and you sometimes talk Mackenzie down! In my opinion, you're setting Maddie up to failure, she's holding titles and Mom will take it away in a minute!"

"Well fine, i'll leave!" Melissa stated.

"If you leave, then See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!" Abby said as Melissa glared at the dance teacher and her son.

"Come on, Maddie! we're not gonna ride the bus with them, we're gonna get in a taxi and jump on the plane!" Melissa told the older ziegler, then she turned to Mackenzie. "You can go with the others if you want, we'll meet you back at home!"

Maddie and Melissa both grabbed their things and got into a taxi, which took them to the airport as Mackenzie stayed with Abby, Sebastian, Gianna and the other girls and they were walking to the bus.

"Miss Gia, why is mom been acting strange?" Mackenzie asked Gianna.

"She's probably confused, she thinks that Abby isn't giving your older sister chances to shine." Gianna answered.

"Yeah, maybe the remainder of this weekend will give her time to cool down." Sebastian suggested as they all got on the bus and Jim started driving back to Lake Forest and Mackenzie sat with Abby.

"Paigey, i've got a question." Chloe said.

"What is it, Chlobird?" Paige responded.

"Have you ever been to Chattanooga, Tennessee?"

"I have a few times. How about you"

"No, i have not." Chloe answered.

"We've never seen Miss Abby and Mister Sebastian that mad at Maddie's mom before." Brookie told the other girls.

"You're right, we have seen them mad before, but i think their patience was thin." Brooke said.

"Who knows what's gonna happen?" Nia stated.

"You never know." Brooke said.

"We'll see what happens." Nia added as the moms were talking too.

"Honestly, i won't be surprised if Abby suspended Melissa." Kelly said.

"Me either, she really embarrassed her daughters today." Christi added.

(Hopefully you won't mind if i skipped ahead to Mother's Day in the next chapter)