Chapter 20: Start of a rivalry

The woman that had short blond hair walked in. The woman in question was Cathy Nesbitt-Stein, who owned the Candy Apples Dance Center, she was thrown out of Abby's studio after she had slapped Sebastian and behind her was a ten year old girl, eight year old boy with orange hair and a six year old girl named Vivi-Anne Stein, who was a part of the Abby Lee Dance Company until the winter break because of her mother's actions.

"What is Cathy doing here?" Gianna asked Abby and Sebastian.

"Gia, i got a feeling that she was following us, she was just waiting to see where were gonna go next." Sebastian guessed.

"I think so as well." Abby admitted.

"I thought she would have let it go after Abby threw her out." Christi said.

"Me too, but i guess she wanted to follow us so she could compete against us." Kelly agreed with her friend as they saw Cathy, Vivi and the other two dancers that she had brought with her.

"I don't know why Cathy decided to show up, she just came from out of nowhere like thin air. And honestly, i do not think she's competed outside of Milwaukee, Wisconsin." Holly stated, suprised to see Cathy in New York City.

"Me either." Hollie agreed.

"Are you just here for a vacation or what?" Sebastian asked the leader of the Candy Apples.

"Yeah, but when we heard that you guys were here, we decided to drop in and i want you to meet two dancers that i've brought and i know you all know my daughter, Vivi-Anne Stein. This young boy is Justice McCourt and also with us is this girl named Taylor O'Lear." Cathy introduced. "Taylor has three titles under her belt."

"That's good and all. But did you know i'm an eight time National Champion of dance, seven time Regional Champion, I was voted as Chicagoland's best dancers a five time Mr. Dance of Illinois and i did it because of hard work, dedication, determination and perseverance even when the odds were stacked against me." Sebastian told them.

"Oh please, Abby paid off the officials and judges of those competitions." Cathy sneered.

"I did not pay them off, my son knew how to win when the odds were stacked against him and he pulled off a lot of impossible wins and if you don't have any proof that i did, so back off!" Abby growled.

"Miss Cathy, who's he?" Justice asked, eyeing Sebastian.

"Justice, Taylor, i would like you to meet Abby's no-talent son, Sebastian the hippie." Cathy mockingly said.

"Lady, for your information, Sebastian is no Hippie, his long hair is his trademark and that's what makes him him." Gianna stated, defending her boyfriend from being hassled by Cathy.

"Says you." Cathy rolled her eyes. "Taylor is gonna do a solo and Justice and Vivi are gonna do a duet, what that means is that Nia and Brooke will be competing against Taylor. Justice and Vivi are gonna go against Chloe and Paige."

"Well, Cathy, we thought you were done with Dance for this year." Diane said.

"Well, you all thought wrong because someone by the name of Melissa told me to bring my studio to compete against Abby's studio so i say, challenge accepted." Cathy responded, looking at Melissa.

"Mom, you just started a rivalry." Maddie said, under her breath.

"She sure did, Mads." Chloe told her after she had heard what Maddie had just said.

"Cathy, you're usually in Wisconsin and competing there, you don't even step outside of the state."

"I'm here and we've never done it before and we've got a lot of fresh and new choreography, not the old and stale choreography that You, the hippie and bozo have, that's why Vivi was held back. With the choreography that we have, it's ten times better than your dated stuff." Cathy stated, taking a dig at the choreography that Abby, Sebastian and Gianna frequently taught the girls.

"Did she just really go there?" Gianna asked Sebastian.

"She did, Gia. No other professional would make comments like those." Sebastian replied to his girlfriend.

"Cathy's got issues." Brooke said.

"Yes she does, she's meaner than Lady Tremaine from Cinderella and the Queen from Snow White." Brookie stated.

"Really?" Abby rolled her eyes as she said that. "I've heard it all before."

"Cathy, my mom has a lot of kids working all over the place in cities like here in New York City, Orlando, Los Angeles, Tokyo and a lot of other places, we can walk into a show and they'll know who we are!" Sebastian retorted.

"So, i've heard. I have kids working as well." Cathy said.

"We've never heard of a Candy Apples dancer that's working, so name one of them!" Abby yelled.

"I have a dancer named Sally, who is not in a broadway show--"

"EPIC FAIL!" Gianna shouted, which surprised everyone because she was usually calm, then she saw that Cathy walked to Melissa.

"You and miss fatso told me to bring it on and i've said it before, your challenge is accepted. Good luck." Cathy stated as she, Justice, Vivi and Taylor all began to leave the dressing room.

"Whatever you say and be sure to take it back to Wisconsin you cheese chomper!" Sebastian shouted, then he looked over to his mother. "Mom, we have a traitor and that's Melissa for telling Cathy to compete against us."

"I know." Abby muttered, she then turned to Melissa. "Why did you have to open your trap, Melissa?!"

"She was making me mad and i had no other choice!" Melissa said to Abby, then Nia, Brooke, Paige and Chloe had went to change into their costumes.

Nia's costume consisted of a Saturated black cherry sequin lace that formed the sleeves and adorns the bodice of the matte spandex leotard and also featured a sophisticated open back with spandex shorts and attached cherry side butstle and on Nia's head was a feather headpiece.

Brooke was in a richly detailed black cherry sequin spandex camisole biketard. An iridescent organza kiss ruffle in slate blue cascades across the front bodice and it wrapped around the waist. and there was a separate, iridescent organza and tulle shredded tutu, attached were spandex shorts and also there were straps that crossed in the back.

Chloe and Paige's costumes were flashy stretch mesh dress with metallic fringe and spangle sequins with a shiny metallic spandex yoke that accented with the camisole neckline. Attached was a metallic spandex biketard with wide binding straps. Chloe's costume was colored red and Paige's costume was colored silver.

"You girls look great!" Christi stated. "I know you're gonna beat Cathy's minions!"

"That's the spirit, Christi!" Sebastian cheered, then the four dancers left when the stagehand told them that their routines were next.