Chapter 13: New Favorite

Saturday had arrived and the sun was shining over Lake Michigan and the Chicagoland area, bathing it in a golden hue. At Sebastian's house, Sebastian was getting up out of the bed and his hair was disheveled from sleeping, then he made up his bed after getting out of it.

"Since we're in Rosemont this weekend, we don't have to travel in a bus, we can get in our cars and drive to the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center where we'll meet." Sebastian said to himself as he walked to the bathroom.

Sebastian started off by brushing his teeth first, next he jumped into the shower and took one and stepped out of the shower. He then put on his hair gel to make his hair look slick and it was hanging down, then he sprayed some axe cologne on his chest

After doing that, he walked back to his bedroom to see what he was going to wear to StarQuest, he picked out a black leather jacket, white t-shirt and black pants with loafers on his feet. Thene he grabbed his car keys, house keys and phone and was heading out of the house and got into his SUV and drove from the house to meet with his mother, his girlfriend, the moms and the girls.

33 minutes later, he arrived in Rosemont and parked in the parking garage, he got out of the SUV and locked the doors, he then headed out of the garage and headed to the front entrance, where Gianna was standing.

"Hey, Gia." Sebastian said, kissing his girlfriend on the cheek.

"Hey, Seb." Gianna replied, kissing him back on his cheek. "Abby and everyone are in the dressing room already."

"All right. Maybe next week if you're up for it, we can go out on our first date." Sebastian offered.

"We can do that."

"If it sounds good to you, it sounds good to me." Then he and Gianna both headed to the dressing room hand in hand and they arrived a minute later and saw that the girls were getting their hair and makeup did.

"Hey, Sebastian, you made it." Abby stated. "Did you have any trouble on the expressway?"

"Nope, it was smooth all the way from home." Sebastian responded.

"That's good to know." Holly said.

"There were a lot of dancers here, so they're gonna have to bring it if they want to win." Kelly added.

"Yeah." Hollie agreed.

Chloe came out of the dressing room and her costume was a foundation of a sequin spandex bodice with attached nylon/spandex trunks and premium metallic-lycra halter straps. She also had a jeweled peacock-feather hair clip in her hair.

Nia was the next to go into the dressing room and when she was done changing into her costume, she came out and her costume was a lyrical dress that featured a rose gold petite sequin mesh camisole bodice with rhinestone organza flower trim at the neckline and the soft tulle skirt featured a layer of long, two-twone sequin fringe all attached at the waist and also attached are Nylon/Spandex trunks.

Brookie and Mackenzie both came out of the dressing room and they were in camisole biketard of earthy brown sequin spandex that had leafy brown and gold trim flowing from the hip and over the shoulder to the modest open back. Attached to one shoulder was Brown glitter tulle, which made up the attached bustle.

"You girls look good!" Melissa exclaimed.

Three minutes later, Abby, Sebastian, Gianna, Christi, Kelly, Holly, Melissa, Hollie, Brooke and Paige were all sitting in the audience, they were in the front row.

"Next up we have Chloe from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Midnight Serenade!" Chloe came out from the wings to applause from the crowd, she took her spot and stood their for a few seconds as the applause came to a halt. Then the music started and from the start of her solo, she was on beat with her moves as she was dancing on the stage.

"Nice job, Chloe!" Christi cheered.

"That was great!" Sebastian added.

"Coming up we have Nia from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Up to the Mountain!" Nia heard her solo be called and that was her cue to head on to the stage, she did good with her solo, but she did have some flaws and she kept dancing and finished her solo, then she headed off stage.

"All right, Nia!" Holly cheered and it was time for the Duet/Trio division routine section.

"Next in our duet/trio division, we have Brookie and Mackenzie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with The Weakness In Me!" Mackenzie and Brookie both were walking on to the stage to do their duet and from the start, they were well oiled as they fed off of each other's energy and continued that through the duet, they did a pose at the end of the routine and headed off stage.

"All right, Brookie!" Hollie exclaimed and minutes later, everyone was backstage and the moms getting their daughters ready for the group routine, after the hair and makeup was done, they went to change into their costumes.

The girls were all in Fully lined sequin spandex leotard with spandex trunks. Adjustable straps with attached sheer skirts and a sash was included.

"Those are great costumes!" Gianna stated.

"That they are." Sebastian agreed, then the adults were back in the front row minutes later.

"Next we have the Abby Lee Dance Company with Goddess!" The girls all walked on to the stage and took their places, then their dance began with the music beginning to play and there were problems, Maddie and Brooke's feet was sickled, Nia nearly tripped when she did a leap, Brookie's knees were knocking and the only girls that didn't have flaws were Chloe, Mackenzie and Paige. But they completed their dance despite those problems and then the awards portion started, the elite mini soloist division awards passed, next was the junior soloist division awards.

"In second place is Nia from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Up to the Mountain!" Nia got up to receive her award from the announcer.

"And out first place winner is Chloe from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Midnight Serenade!" Chloe got up and got her award from the announcer and she stood next to Nia.

"You did good Nia." Chloe whispered.

"Thanks, you did good too, Chloe." Nia responded.

"In first place we have Brookie and Mackenzie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with The Weakness In me!" Brookie and Mackenzie received their award as they got up.

"Yay, Brookie!" Hollie said.

"Good job, Mackenzie!" Melissa stated, but she didn't sound as excited as they sat down and now that the duet/trio section was done, the group awards was next and places 10-5 were announced.

"In fourth place we have the Abby Lee Dance Company with Goddess!" The girls looked nervous as they got up to receive their fourth place award and a dancing team from Bensenville had gotten first place.

"Uh-oh. Our girls got fourth." Kelly told the other moms as they saw that Abby and Sebastian were not happy.

"Yep and i've got a feeling that Abby is gonna let one of our daughters have it." Melissa added.

"And it won't end well." Holly admitted as.

"You know it, Dr. Holly." Christi said, then she and the other moms all got up from their seats and headed back to the ALDC dressing room and sat down a the makeup tables, then the girls came in and last but not least, Abby and Sebastian came in and they weren't happy.

"Seriously girls, FOURTH?!" Abby yelled. "You should know better than that!"

"Abby, they gave it their best! Lay off of them!" Kelly told the dance teacher.

"When we want your opinion, we'll ask for it!" Sebastian retorted.

"You two need to Chill." Melissa stated.

"Yeah, try some decaf." Hollie added.

"We'll pretend we didn't hear that!" Abby stated.

"Maddie, Nia, what have we told you about sickled feet?! Brookie, you were knocking your knees!" Sebastian barked as Nia, Brookie and Maddie looked down. "You have to have your feet pointed and straight knees, and those flaws is why we got 4th place! Maybe next time, you'll learn."

Then everyone got their things packed up and they all went to their homes.