Chapter 23: A Fun Day in Los Angeles

Friday was the day off from rehearsals, originally it was supposed to be on wednesday, but Abby and Sebastian had changed to friday so the girls wouldn't be burned out from rehearsing on friday and it would have carried on to Nationals, so the girls having that day off would help them stay focused.

At a subway train station known as North Hollywood, Mackenzie was seen walking with Sebastian and Abby going to the mezzanine via the escalator and they were gonna ride the Los Angeles Metro Rail train to Pershing Square, which would bring them close to the Staples Center.

"Mackenzie, are you excited about riding the train to Pershing Square?" Abby asked the dance teacher.

"Yes i am, Miss Abby." Mackenzie replied excitedly.

"Kenzie, you remind me of me when i was excited about my first train ride when i was a baby." Sebastian admitted, four months after Abby adopted him, she took him on the train from Lake Forest to downtown Chicago and they enjoyed themselves that day.

"Sebastian was excited and that's why he loves trains and buses too." Abby told the young dancer and they went to the farecard machines and paid for their cards, then they used their cards to enter the turnstiles and headed down to the platform to wait for the train.

"Miss Abby, what do you think Gia, the other girls and the moms are doing?" Mackenzie asked.

"Well, i know Melissa is at the beach with Maddie, Holly and Nia are at the Santa Monica Pier, Hollie took Brooke and Brookie to the Beverly Center with Gianna accompanying them and Christi and Kelly are with Chloe and Paige are at Mel's Diner having some lunch." Abby answered, then they heard the sound of a train, which was arriving at the station and Mackenzie waved at the motorman, who waved back at her. Then the train stopped and they got on the train and took their seats and then the doors closed and was on it's way to it's next station stop.

Meanwhile, at the Beverly Center, which was one of the tallest malls in Los Angeles, Brookie, Hollie, Gianna and Brooke were seen nearing the entrance of the mall and they were gonna go up the escalators, which would take them directly into the mall.

"That's a long way up." Brookie said.

"Yes it is, Brookie." Brooke replied. "I said the same thing when i was your age."

"This is one of the most popular malls in Los Angeles." Gianna stated. "I've been here before, my mom or Miss Abby would bring me here and Sebastian would come too at times when we were younger."

"Even before you two started dating, you both have been very close to each other." Hollie said.

"We sure have." Gianna replied.

"So what stores do you want to check out?" Hollie asked.

"Bloomingdales, please" Brooke said.

"Dolce & Gabbana." Brooke suggested.

"I want to make a stop at Nordstrom." Gianna told them, then they all walked to the stores that they wanted to check out in the Beverly Center.

At a retro, 24/7 American diner called the Mel's Drive in, Christi, Kelly, Chloe and Paige were all inside sitting at a table and they were eating and enjoying the food that they had ordered and they also enjoyed the retro feel that the diner had.

"This diner reminds me of the ones i used to go to when i was a kid." Kelly said.

"Me too, it feels like i've gone back in time." Chrsiti added.

"Paigey, what do you think of this place?" Chloe asked her friend and twinnie.

"It's great and the food is amazing!" Paige exclaimed quietly.

"You're right, Paige. It is." Kelly replied to her younger daughter. "I remember Abby was telling me that she brought Sebastian here for his 7th birthday and Gianna was with them at the time and from what i've heard, they had a fantastic time."

"Didn't know that." Christi said.

"Even though Miss Abby is tough on us, she's taken us everywhere like the zoo, ice cream, the mall and some sporting events, even though it was mostly Sebastian's idea." Chloe stated.

"We all went to a Bulls game last year and we got pictures with the team and they went on to beat the San Antonio Spurs, who are one of the most toughest teams in the NBA." Paige said.

"And Abby was going ga-ga over Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah." Christi added as they laughed at the remark and continued to eat their food.

Elsewhere, Maddie was on the beach with Melissa and they were getting some sun after they had put on some sunscreen to prevent any sunburns.

"The California weather is so amazing." Melissa said.

"It is, mom. I wish Chicago had some of this weather year round, nothing against the colder seasons, but at least Illinois should get some of this weather." Maddie stated.

"That's true." Melissa said. "Maddie, i believe you will win at Nationals, your sister and Chloe doesn't have what it takes to be a great dancer like you."

"You know it, mom." Maddie replied smugly, believing that she would win the National title tomorrow.

"With a win there, it'll prove to Abby and Sebastian that you are the top dancer and if they don't see it, then they're both blind as bats." Melissa stated.

"Yeah." Maddie agreed as they continued to get some sun.

At the Santa Monica Pier, which had a boardwalk and on it was a ferris wheel, roller coaster and and an arcade, Holly and Nia were in line at the ferris wheel and they were about to get on next.

"This is a nice place." Holly said to her daughter.

"It is, i love going to malls whether they are outdoors or indoors." Nia replied to her mother.

"Back home in Lake Forest, the malls that are closest to us are the Old Orchard Mall, Gurnee Mills, and Northbrook Court." Holly stated.

"We've been there before and Old Orchard is one of the other outdoor malls." Nia stated, then they began shopping there.

Meanwhile, at a subway station called Pershing Square, which had neon lights over the island platform and the train that Abby, Mackenzie and Sebastian were on had just arrived at the station, the doors opened and they had gotten off and admired the station.

"Did you know they filmed Speed here?" Sebastian asked.

"I knew it, because we used to watch it a lot." Abby answered.

"Didn't know that, Sebastian." Mackenzie said as they walked up to the Mezzanine and was approaching the stairs.

"Well, Kenzie. You learn something new everyday as you get older, that's what my mom always told me that when i was a growing up." Sebastian said, then they walked to the Staples Center, home of the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers and the Los Angeles Kings. "This is a nice arena."

"It is, Kenzie." Abby stated. "Before this place was built, the Lakers and the Kings played in the Great Western Forum in Inglewood."

"And the clippers played in the Los Angeles Sports Arena and the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim." Sebastian stated, then they took pictures and hours later, after exploring the city, everyone met up back at the hotel and then, they all went to bed so they could be well rested for Nationals tomorrow.