Chapter 18: Brooke gets a Surprise

The next morning, at a dance studio called Dance Times Square, which was near the Hilton Midtown, it was 10:00 AM and the door to one of the studios opened and walking in was Abby, Sebastian and Gianna and right away they started getting things ready as Gianna was checking the music and Sebastian was getting the pyramid set and they were finished making sure everything was good.

"Mom, i've got the pyramid set." Sebastian told Abby.

"Thanks, Sebastian." Abby told him.

"No problem." Sebastian said.

"Question, when are the girls supposed to get here?" Gianna asked.

"Last night, Christi called and she told me that they're gonna land at 10:20 AM." Sebastian answered.

Meanwhile, 20 minutes later at LaGuardia Airport, Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia, Brooke, Paige, Chloe, Brookie, Melissa, Holly, Kelly, Christi and Hollie had all just gotten off the plane and had their bags with them.

"We're finally here in New York City." Holly said.

"Yes we are." Melissa stated.

"Abby told us to come directly to Dance Times Square." Christi told everybody.

"Ok, Mom. We're ready." Chloe stated.

"You know it." Paige suggested.

"How long will it take for us to get there from here?" Brookie asked.

"I'm checking now and it will take us at least 21 minutes to get there." Hollie said.

"As long as the traffic doesn't get bad." Maddie stated.

"But this city is prone to traffic jams." Brooke told them.

"Their traffic jams are worse than the ones we see on State Street when we're downtown Chicago." Nia said.

"Yes they are." Mackenzie agreed as they approached the exit and saw two taxis.

"All right, you girls get in the front van and we'll be in the rear van behind you." Kelly said as the girls and the moms then got in the vans, which would take them to Dance Times Square and 21 minutes later, they finally arrived and walked in after changing into their dance wear.

"Girls, we are finally here in New York City and this is the last competition before Nationals, so you've got to keep your mind in focus and now, let's move on to pyramid." Abby said.

Pyramid:

Top - Chloe

Middle - Mackenzie, Brooke

Bottom - Nia, Paige, Brookie, Maddie

"Here are the assignments before we talk about the group, Nia, you'll be doing a solo called Black Dove and Brooke you'll be doing a solo also and that's going to be called Saga and doing a duet will be Chloe and Paige, the duet will be called I'm Shakin'."

Chloe and Paige looked at each other with smiles and they hugged, they had been waiting to do a duet.

"Chloe, are you ok with not doing a solo this week and being a part of a duet and the group dance?" Abby asked.

"Yes, i'm ok with it." Chloe answered humbily as Christi smiled at her daughter for putting the team first and giving others a chance to shine.

"Ok, girls, we have a group routine called Runway, it's about you girls being models. and we know you've modeled before." Sebastian told them. "But there is an very imporant part of modeling that is needed at a fashion show, do you know what that is?"