Chapter 3: Competing in Iowa

That saturday had arrived at the time was 10:00 AM in Des Moines, Iowa and a van had arrived at a theater called the Perry Performing Arts Center, which is in a suburb of Des Moines named Perry and that's where the Midwest Urban Dance Explosion was going to be held at and it was a snowy day there.

The door of the van opened and getting out first was Sebastian, who was wearing a black tracksuit with a hood, a heavy jacket and Converse All Star sneakers and his hair was in a ponytail and the next to get out was Abby, who was wearing a coat, black t-shirt, pants and sneakers and getting out after them were the moms, the girls and Gianna.

"All right, let's get the luggage." Sebastian ordered as Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia, Brooke, Paige, Chloe, Brookie, Melissa, Holly, Kelly, Christi and Hollie all headed to the rear of the van and got the luggage.

"Abby, Sebastian we've got the luggage." Christi stated.

"Ok, now let's go inside and like me and my son have told you, the competition starts the second we all walk in." Abby informed them. "Got it?"

"We got it, Miss Abby, Sebastian." Chloe replied.

"Good." Sebastian stated. "Now let's go."

"You heard 'em." Hollie said as they all walked into the building and then Sebastian went to check everyone in with the competition director and then he heard some of the moms except for Christi and Kelly being a little loud and that annoyed Sebastian as he turned to them.

"Ladies, quiet!" Sebastian hissed quietly as Abby glared at them too and those moms shut up, then after getting checked in and they entered the dressing room.

"Melissa, Kelly, Christi, get Brooke, Maddie, Chloe and Paige ready because the solos will be first, then the duet!" Abby barked as Brooke, Maddie, Chloe and Paige sat at the makeup table and they started doing their makeup. Then the four girls went to change into their costumes.

Brooke came from the changing room and her costume consisted of Copper metallic spandex, giving the camisole biketard sparkle, right down to the attached metallic and ticot bustle, a sequin-streaked lace bodice overlay with attached shorts, nackline trim and narrow binding straps and matte spandex.

When Maddie was the next to step out of the changing room, she was decked out in a moody open-weave black netting dress with gunmetal matte sequins which featured an edgy slashed hemline. The dress overlayed an attacked metallic spandex crop top with a bodice that was gathered into a strap that ties at the shoulder, it also included separate premium metallic high-waist, brief-cut trunks and netting fabric for hair.

Chloe and Paige both came from the dressing room and they were both in a soft mesh neckline drape that highlighted the sequin camisole biketard, flesh elastic straps that were adjustable gave the costume a clean look and attached were spandex trunks and sparkling barrettes. Chloe's costume was white and Paige's costume was brown.

"Up next in our elite junior soloist division we have Maddie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Sail." Maddie walked from the wings and stood on the stage, her music began and she was dancing her solo. Maddie did good, but tthere were some flaws.

"Coming up we have Brooke from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Paparazzi." Brooke came out to the stage to applause and she took her spot on the stage. From the moment the music started, Brooke was flawless with her solo and she was shining onstage and the music finished and Brooke did her pose as the crowd cheered.

"Go Brooke!" Kelly said.

"Next in our junior duet/trio division we have Chloe and Paige from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Enchanted." The twinnies stepped from the wings and were on stage, ready to do their routine and from the start of their duet, they were a well oiled duo while doing their duet. They finished when the music came to a halt and they left to cheers.