Chapter 21: Facing off against the Candy Apples and off to L.A.

Inside of the meeting space, which was being used for ThunderStruck dance competition, Abby, Sebastian, Gianna, Maddie, Mackenzie, Brookie, Brandon, Melissa, Hollie, Diane, Holly, Kelly and Christi and behind them were Cathy and also with her were two women one of them was Nicole O'Lear, who is the mother of Taylor and the other one was Tanya McCort, who is the mother of Justice.

"Abby and her band of morons are about to get a taste of Candy Apples power!" Tanya said.

"Yes they will." Nicole agreed.

"Those comments are true, when we beat them, they'll know that the Candy Apples are starting to be at the top." Cathy added, then she saw that Tanya and Nicole looked at Sebastian.

"I've got a question." Tanya said to Cathy. "Who's that long haired moron sitting left of Abby?"

"That moron is Flabby's son, Sebastian the loser." Cathy answered.

"Didn't know that Abby had a kid." Nicole stated.

"He's her adopted son, actually." Cathy said.

"Coming up in our elite Junior Soloist Division we have Brooke from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Saga!" Brooke stepped out on to the stage, the music started and she was dancing to the music even though she had some flaws, she headed off the stage after she was done.

"Next up we have Taylor from the Candy Apples Dance Center with." Taylor walked on to the stage, determined to beat Brooke and Nia. She started dancing and she had some problems with her turns, but she got through them and kept dancing and when the music ended, she stepped off stage.

"Yawn." Kelly said.

"I know, right?" Christi stated.

"Up next we have Nia from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Black Dove!" The crowd applauded as Nia walked on to the stage and stood on it, then the music to her solo started and she was doing good through her solo and she made sure not to have and flaws, she completed her routine and headed off stage to applause.

"Coming up we have Chloe and Paige from the Abby Lee Dance Company with I'm Shakin'!" Chloe and Paige heard the applause and they came out to do their duet. And those two being twinnies and the best of friends was one way they did their dance very well as they were dancing. They were a dynamic duo and they finished their duet and headed off stage.

"I've bet Chloe and Paige have Vivi and Justice shaking in their boots!" Sebastian declared.

"Hopefully so." Abby told her son.

"Next we have Vivi and Justice from the Candy Apples Dance Center with!" Vivi and Justice both walked onto the stage to applause and from the start, they had problems and at one point Vivi turned left and Justice turned right, but they managed to do their dance and when the music ended, they left the stage and minutes later, the girls and Brandon were backstage getting ready for their group dance.

The girls came from the dressing room while Brandon came from the bathroom and they were in their costumes. The girls were decked out in sequined dresses with shorts attached as Brandon was in a black button down shirt with a tie and pants.

"You girls look like real models." Melissa complimented.

"Brandon looks like a real photographer." Diane stated.

"Coming up in our junior small groups is the Abby Lee Dance Company with Runway!" The girls and Brandon all came out and then when the music started, any notions of Brooke and Brandon not connecting were dismissed when they were working together very well and the girls were doing their moves and Brandon was doing the pretend picture taking and then they did their finishing pose, then they left the stage.

"Abby, Sebastian, Gianna, i've got to hand it to you three, i believe that date at Coney Island helped." Diane admitted.

"I agree." Kelly stated.

"Hopefully, the judges agree." Gianna said, then every team that competed at ThunderStruck was on stage, since it was awards time.

"In third place we have Taylor from the Candy Apples Dance Center with!" Taylor looked a little upset over getting third place, but she got up and got her award.

"In second place is Brooke from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Saga!" Brooke had gotten up and received her award

"And in first place is Nia from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Black Dove!" The announcer annouced and Nia got up and got her award as Abby, Sebastian, Gianna and the moms all cheered.

"Yay, Nia!" Holly cheered.

"Brooke might have not won, but at least she and Nia have placed higher than Taylor." Kelly admitted.

"You're right about that." Chrsiti said as they moved on to the duet/trio awards and places ten through three were announced and everyone was about to see who were the top two routines in that category.

"In second place, we have by Vivi and Justice from the Candy Apples Dance Center!" Vivi looked disappointed hearing that she and justice got second place and got their award.

"And our first place overall duo/trio winner is I'm Shakin by Chloe and Paige from the Abby Lee Dance Company!" Chloe and Paige both got up and received their award.

"All right, Chloe!" Christi stated.

"Yeah, Paige!" Kelly cheered

"Mom, Gia, do you know what got them that win besides our good choreography?" Sebastian said to his mother and his girlfriend.

"No, what is it?" Abby wondered?

"Twinnie power." Sebastian answered.

Gianna couldn't help but laugh at Sebastian's comment. "Seeing how close Chloe and Paige are, that might have helped."

"Humph, let them have their win." Cathy said under her breath as the group dance awards started and the moms looking nervous. Places 10 through 2 were announced and Diane knew if the group dance did not place at all, Brandon was going to be the fall guy.

"In first place is Runway by the Abby Lee Dance Company!" The girls and Brandon got up and received their award as Abby, Sebastian, Gianna and the moms all clapped and minutes later, they were in the hallway talking except for Brandon and Diane, who had left to meet with the other ALDC senior and teen dancers in Los Angeles, then Cathy, Vivi, Justice, Taylor, Tanya and Nicole came to them.

"Crongratulations on your little victory." Cathy said sarcastically to Abby, Sebastian, Gianna, the girls and their moms.

"Cathy's an idiot." Hollie told the other moms.

"Yes she is, she couldn't handle us before you and Brookie replaced her and Vivi." Kelly replied.

"She's given us trouble the moment she walked into the ALDC." Christi added.

"Well, Cathy, since you couldn't beat us, maybe you can take your little minions back to Milwaukee and think about why you got beat." Sebastian suggested to Cathy.

"Maybe i could, but i won't." Cathy answered.

"What do you mean, you rotten prune?" Abby asked, raising her eyebrow.

"What i'm trying to say is that even though you have beaten me at a competition, you all have not seen the last of the Candy Apples Dance Center, because i'm gonna be at Nationals in Los Angeles competing against your group!" Cathy sneered.

"Well even if you compete against us again, you'll get beat like we beat you today." Gianna stated.

"Whatever, bozo." Cathy retorted as they left.

"Girls, you heard what Cathy had just said, we are going to compete against her at Nationals in Los Angeles, so we expect you to be on your A-Game when we get there." Sebastian told the girls.

"Don't worry, we've got this." Chloe said, determined and the girls and their moms all agreed, then they went back to the dressing room and grabbed their things, got in a taxi and it took them to LaGuardia Airport, where they boarded a flight to Los Angeles, which was a five hour flight. They arrived and immediately went to the hotel to relax, tomorrow would be the first day of rehearsals for Nationals.