Chapter 24

•Cassie's POV•

5:48 The clock read.. It was almost 6 and I'm not even dressed.. Should I go?

I quickly go up to my room and pick a dress and heels. The one I choose is a pastel pink dress with some strapped heels and I started curling my hair.

While doing my make-up I can't stop thinking of what Niall might think after he finds out about this. He loves me and So does Josh. So I think...

I finished doing my make-up when I read the clock again it reads 6:13 Now to wait..

▶▶▶▶

I hear a faint knock on the door and I soon get up and walk carefully to the door, with this heels I doubt I'll make it through this night.

I open the door only to reveal a well dressed Josh. His eyes almost pop out.  You could of had this stupid. My inner thoughts bud in and I smile to myself.

"You- You look beautiful. " he gushes.

"Thank You...You look good too" he really does, his black button down shirt with some dress pants and shoes. This isn't the Josh I once knew.

"Shall we?" he holds out his hand for me to take it. No! don't do it... Think about Niall. I gladly take his hand and he stops once in the passenger door. He opens it for me like he used to. I get in with a little struggle with this dress. Soon he closes my door and jogs to the other side and starts the car.

...

The whole ride is quite and it is pretty uncomfortable. Its now I notice were in his street and it hits me. Niall lives in this street. I turn my head looking for his house and I see him out in the front porch playing his guitar. I smile and I quickly turn when I notice We are in front of Josh's house, there is a lot of cars parked and I am feeling quite nervous.

"Ready?" Josh asks and I nod and smile. We step out of the car and I hope Niall doesn't see me.

We step in the house and there a couple of people seated around the TV watching probably a game. Josh lead me towards the kitchen where I hear laughter and chattering going on..

Once inside I see Josh's Mum and other women I do not recognized.

"Cassie, sweetheart I'm glad you could make it." Marie embraces me in a bone crushing but warming hug.

"Hey" She pulls away and its then I see what she is wearing. A black knee length dress with some flats. She was always a classy women and I sometimes think of her as my mum. She pulls me more into the kitchen to greet everyone else. We stop in front of a young beautiful girl in her 20's I suppose.

"Cassie, this is my oldest daughter, Rachel. " I smile at the gorgeous girl in front of me.

"Finally I get to meet the famous Cassie, the girl who won my baby brother's heart." she says with excitement and Josh is soon by my side. I have a feeling he didn't tell no one about us.

"Rae, stop." Josh says smiling and then looks down at me with a pleading look to go with it. I give him a quick glare and I soon regain my focus to Rachel, who I have noticed she looks some what like her mother.

"Your from New York? " I ask trying to make a conversation with the tension with Josh and  I want to forget about it.

"Well, I am from here but I moved over to New York for a better chance of education and gladly I am working for a business of Fashion. " she says proudly I nod and smile.

"That's great. I always wanted to go to New York." talking to her isn't so bad but with Josh at my side its quite uncomfortable.

"You should, its quite the beautiful site. Maybe when Josh goes he can take you." she smiles at Josh and I see that Josh sends her a glare. I am confused as always.

"Um... I'm gonna go with my mum to set the snacks." she dismisses her self and I am left with Josh.

"Your going? " Why do I care...

"Uh... Yeah its one of the reasons I brought you hear.. I was gonna tell you. But I guess my sister let the cat out of the bag a little to early. "

"oh." I don't have anything to say, I mean why would I care... Do I? 

...

Time pass by and more and more people filled the house and I was left all alone in the kitchen just playing with my food.

"Hey." Josh booms through the silent kitchen.

"Hey." I half smile but soon frown.

"Can we talk ?" he asks and I nod. He gets a hold of my hand and guides me through the living room and up the stairs , everyone is to busy talking and enjoying there little party to notice anything.

We head in towards Josh's room and I enter taking a seat in his bed. He shuts the door and soon joins me. 

"So um.... " he starts.

"Your going to New York? " I blurt.

"Yes, actually this has been my plan sense the beginning of high school."

"So your moving? " I ask and he nods.

"I leave Tuesday morning. " That's only 3 days from now.. Wow time flew by before my eyes.

"Yes and Cass, I know that you still have feelings towards me and trust me so do I but... I knew this would never work out..." he pauses and takes a breath.. "I want you to promise me to let Niall into your heart." he says with truth sending from his eyes to his mouth.

"bu-" he cuts me off.

"I see the way he looks at you and I see how you look at him... I know because that's how I used to look at you and you used to do the same." he finishes with a long sigh.

" I- Well, what are you referring? " I question and he takes my hand and looks at me dead in the eyes.

"Be with someone who makes you happy.. " I never would of guessed that those 7 words would ever come out of Josh's lips.

Never In a million years.

(A/N Where is that from?Ü First one to guess it I would dedicate the  next chapter to.)