Chapter 23

•Niall's POV•

"Yours" When she said those words I was speechless and she came crashing down onto my lips again. I smiled but then it soon faded once I recalled everything.

She doesn't know me and how don't I know that she has feelings for Josh still

?.

I pull her back from her shoulders and she scrunches her forehead in confusion.

"What?"

"I can't... " she frowns and gets up from her position and looks down at me.

"I thought you wanted me Niall, you told me yourself and now your saying 'you can't '."

"I do, I do want you.. It's just that..." I couldn't find the words.

"What Niall?! spill." well she seems mad.

"Do you still have feelings for Josh?" she looks taken back and she doesn't say another word just looks at me in awe.

"Exactly... I can't have a girl that is with me when she has feelings for another guy...Cassie I will always be that dirtbag that can't and never will get the girl of his dreams...and I don't know if I should keep trying."  I let everything out its like word vomit everything that I always wanted to tell her. By now her eyes are watery and looks like she is gonna be in rage of tears. I can't look at her like this. I walk out the front door and I am beyond frustrated and a little heart broken.

Starting the car and pulling out the driveway and driving a long  and over thinking drive towards my house.

I knew this was to good to be true.

•Cassie's POV•

"Do you still have feelings for Josh?"

wow. When those words fell from his lips I couldn't feel my legs and it felt like I could drop at the sudden question..

Do I?

He never has left my mind sense the day I saw him at the movie theater . I still love him but that doesn't mean I don't have something towards Niall. I mean he has been nothing but sweet and warming while I keep holding him back and making him see that I still Love Josh.

"Exactly... I can't have a girl that is with me when she has feelings for another guy...Cassie I will always be that dirtbag that can't and never will get the girl of his dreams...and I don't know if I should keep trying." I feel the tears forming in my eyes hearing his words of honesty.

Before I can talk he walks out the front door. I crash down onto the couch and I can't help but think... Everything is crashing down right in front of me.

I get up quick and run towards the door in hope that I will be able to get him to stay but my hopes come crashing down when his car is out of sight. I sit at the stairs and hug my trembling body.

"Cassie..You alright?" a voice comes from above me and I look up and see Josh. Oh Great.

"J-Josh.. What are you doing here? " I get up wiping my eyes from any tears and look up at him.. I almost for t how tall he is.

"I wanted to talk." he says shoving his hands into his pockets and I nod and motion him to sit at the porches swinging chair for two.

"You okay?" he asks.

"Y-Yeaah.." I look anywhere except at his piercing hazel eyes.

"Cass I known you for a long time... And I Know when something is up." I shake my head and he places his cold hand on my thigh.

"Everything is crashing down before my eyes." I brake into tears.

"Its okay.. " He hugs me tight and caresses my back.

"Not everything is suppose to be held up." he says.

"There is that guy I once knew...The guy that loved and wouldn't hurt me." I pulled back from his hug and told him what has been on my mind sense he hugged me... his eyes look lighter now more like sympathy.

"I am so sorry, Cassie ."

"Its a little to late don't you think " he simply nods and looks out at the sky.

"If I can turn back time... I would treat you like your suppose to be treated... Like a Princess." Princess... Niall called me that but when Niall said it was more warming and loving..Josh's way is more not that of affectionate.

"Thanks.. but nothing can be taken back now."

"Yeah." he says looking down at his lap.

"Is she with you? " curiosity gets the best of me to ask.

"Who? Ashley?" I nod and he laughs. Why is he laughing?

"I don't want her... She tries to get with me just for se-" he stops when he sees me cringe at what he was about to say.

"Sorry "

"Its fine... "

"I never wanted her.." he says meeting my eyes.

"Then why did you do it?" I ask and he looks away.

"Was I not good enough... Did I need to  give you sex? Is that why?!" I half scream and he shakes his head.

"Its sex right?" I know its because I never gave him what he wanted.

"Umm.." he doesn't find words to say.

"I knew it. Just because I respect myself and I have a bigger dignity then her doesn't mean you could cheat... You could've just told me it was over a long time ago Josh." I whisper the last part.

"I know. But if I would've done that then I knew that I would be loosing the best thing that has happen to me. " He says and truth sets in his eyes.

"Just why her?" I whisper

"I don't know " he shrugs.

This feels strange talking to him again. But it feels more comfortable knowing that we are talking like adults and without screaming or breaking stuff.

"Uh.. Hey um my mum is having a dinner party tonight because my sister from New York is coming to visit... Wanna come with me? " Is he being serious right now? We were just talking about our fucked relationship and he is asking for me to go to his mum's party.

"My sister is dying to meet you Cass." he encourages and I shake my head and shrug.

"Josh... I don't think its a good idea."

"Cass... Come on as a friend " Ouch.. I think he saw my hurt reaction and immediately apologizes.

"Its fine... Sure I'll go with you... But just because your sister wants to meet me." He nods and smiles.

"I'll be right over at 6ish..." I nod and he stands ready to leave I follow his actions and walk him to his car.

"I'll see you later?" I nod and smile but soon frown when he hugs me I don't quickly react but then he pulls back and I hold a fake smile in my face.

"Bye Cass." He gets in the car and I soon regret agreeing to his dinner party.

▶▶▶▶▶

The entire afternoon is spent with watching some action super hero movies. Also cleaning the whole house starting from the kitchen made my way upstairs. I somehow found myself in my room looking at my photos in a box. The box full of memories and especially the photos and memories of Josh and I.

There was one photo that stood out to me the most. Is where me and Josh are at a park and that day a young photographer took it. I was on the grass lying down in fits of laughter while Josh was on top tickling my sides and we looked so in love. But I can't help to think about this morning when Niall was doing the same...

I hope everything goes right tonight...Knowing I will be thinking of Niall while with Josh..

∵∵∵∵∵∵∵∵∵∵∵∵

A Promise is a promise ♥

Vote/Comment