Chapter 40

•Cassie's POV

Niall parks the car and looks over at me and I smile but deep inside I have a strange feeling about coming back. He reassures me by squeezing my hand and let's go and gets off of the car, I unbuckle my seatbelt and look over and he has the door already open for me.

"Thank you." he smiles and shuts the door. I look in front of me and friends talking amongst each other, some happy to finally be here and then there's me trying to get this day over with.

"Ready?" Niall says beside me making me jump a little and I smile and nod. We walk down the pathway and lots of people then greet me and I say hellos back. Niall smiles and I take his hand in mine and lock it and he grins. Everyone smiles and we smile back. I see Danielle and Liam in a distance away laughing and being the happiest couple ever. We reach them and Dani hugs me tight.

"Did you hear?" she says and Niall stands by Liam.

"About?" I ask and I see an unfamiliar girl walk by us and smiles. I smile and she glares at me, weird.

"Who is she?" Liam says and I shrug then turn to Dani expecting her to know.

"That's Sophia she's new." she says and Liam nods and looks at this Sophia.

"So anyways, we got a new coach." she says and I gape.

"Like for our cheer team?"

"Yes and were starting off fresh, like everyone has to try out again." she says rapidly.

"Dan, calm down." I laugh and she shakes her head.

"You know what this means!?!" I hush her when people start staring at Dani and I, I nod for her to continue.

"This means Ashley has a chance to be captain." I chuckle and roll my eyes .

"It doesn't matter." I shrug and she widens her eyes.

"It doesn't matter?" she waves her hands all around and I laugh at how frantic she is being. The bell interrupts us and we start walking towards the doors and Niall is soon by my side.

"This is a big deal Cass." she says and I reach my locker and take my jacket off and place in along with book I won't need. I see Dani staring at me with wide eyes.

"We'll see what will happened ." I shrug and she huffs and walks towards Liam.

"I'll see you at lunch?" Niall says and I nod. I close my locker and we still have about 10 more minutes till we need to head in class. I lean my back against the locker looking towards Niall.

"Do we have a class together?" I ask and he thinks about it.

"Yeah, I think 3rd hour and Gym class." he says and I nod.

"I'll see you in 3rd hour." he pecks my lips and leaves with Liam and Danielle. I walk towards my first class which is History . I take my normal seat and wait till class starts.

I start to take my notebook and pencil and start to just doodle and wait. Students fill up the room.

"Hey Cass." Jennifer a girl on my cheer team greets and I smile, she takes a seat next to me.

"Hey Jennifer." I say and set my eyes back on my paper.

"So what you think about stating fresh in Cheer?" she asks and I shrug.

"Seems alright, but why start fresh?" I say and she soon shrugs and I see Ashley come in the door and followed by the new girl. Mr. Thomas, the teacher set his stuff on his desk and talks to the new girl, Sophia. We all quiet down when he clears his throat.