Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan

***Anime information***

Seasons: 1

Episodes: 12

Episode length: 24:00

Genre: Action, Drama, Fantasy, Magic, School

Viewers rating: 7/10

Opening: D.O.B

Ending: Hallelujah

Plot: Years ago, humanity almost got wiped out by huge magical armored insects that had become too strong and aggressive to handle. Because of these giant bugs, humans do not live on the earth anymore, but in floating cities instead. However, this does not mean that everything is lost, because the wizards from prestigious floating wizard academies are fighting these monsters. Kanata Age is a young man now labelled as a traitor even though he was once praised as the "Black Master Swordsman." He gets a chance to repair his reputation by instructing the team E601, which seems to be facing some difficulties. It consists of three girls, Misora Whitale, Lecty Eisenach, and Rico Flamel, each with problems of their own. It appears that Kanata will get in deep waters more than once because of them...

***personal input***

Personal rating: 7/10

Opinion: Man, there's so many anime like this. Not exactly original, but extremely entertaining and enjoyable. I'll give the show credit, it did keep me absorbed until the very end of the last episode, so GG. Now, allow me break down the elements and explaining a bit.

Not the first anime to feature a floating city attacked by monsters, not the first anime to feature the magic and battle fundamentals that this show had, and certainly not the first to feature Kirito. That's right, he moved to this anime! No..but the main character is just like him in so many way. Hell, he's even known as "The black swordsman" just like..yeah, Kirito. It really only takes one episode to see what I mean. So, I think we've established the anime wasn't original with most of its fundamentals. But I don't hold that hindrance too high, I mean with how many anime come out a year, its hard to stay original.

Moving on, This anime had a commonly used plot, the humans are driven to the sky and use cool magic and stuff to fight against the bad things. Yeah, that's it in a nutshell. However I am a sucker for stories like these, and no two shows are ever the exact same, so some of the things that the anime was native to was nice and I really liked that. However I am a fan of this plot core, therefore I enjoyed the story. I can't say the same for you.

Next I'd like to point out that the visuals were done rather well, but it was a 2015 anime, so that's to be expected. There was a few bits of 3-D animation here and there, mostly when flying, but that was still pretty bad. I think all you regulars know how much I hate the 3-D animations. Thirdly would be the soundtrack for this anime. Both opening and Ending were done well enough for me to like them, and the OST was also very nice. So a decent track all around!

Finally the last main element is the characters. Hot headed main girl, arrogant ojou-sama, and embarrassed but very well built blonde. I'm sure we've seen these character types before. Right? Of course I'm right. Also, if you plan on actually watching the anime, let me say something in advance. The character cast is absolutely split. What could I possibly mean? Basically half of the characters are completely awesome in every way, and the other half are some of the biggest assholes I've ever seen. A completely divided cast.

In the end the show isn't very original, but that's no reason to turn it away. Its a perfectly good show after all.

Favorite character:

Flamel Rico

Eisenach Lecty

Eisenach Lecty

Favorite part:

Favorite part:

***Average***

Plot: 80

Op: 88

Character's: 92

Art style: 93

Enjoyment: 92

Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan average: 89 (B level anime)