Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata

***Anime information***

Seasons: 1

Episodes: 12

Episode length: 24:00

Genre: Harem, Comedy, Romance, School, Ecchi

Viewers rating: 7/10

Opening: Kimiiro Signal

Ending: colorful

Plot: Tomoya Aki, an otaku, has been obsessed with collecting anime and light novels for years, attaching himself to various series with captivating stories and characters. Now, he wants to have a chance of providing the same experience for others by creating his own game, but unfortunately, Tomoya cannot do this task by himself.

He successfully recruits childhood friend Eriri Spencer Sawamura to illustrate and literary elitist Utaha Kasumigaoka to write the script for his visual novel, while he directs. Super-group now in hand, Tomoya only needs an inspiration to base his project on, and luckily meets the beautiful, docile Megumi Katou, who he then models his main character after.

Using what knowledge he has, Tomoya creates a new doujin circle with hopes to touch the hearts of those who play their game. What he does not realize, is that to invoke these emotions, the creators have had to experience the same feelings in their own lives.

***personal input***

Personal rating: 5/10

Opinion: It's actually been awhile since I've seen a really cliché anime. So, let's talk about just that, I present Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata.

Now, when I said this anime was cliché, oh boy did I mean it. All the way through. Starting here, with our story. The story wasn't exactly bad, it was just bad. See where I'm coming from? Personally, the story offered nothing incredibly entertaining. There was a goal (the creation of a visual novel) which drove the plot forward, but that most certainly wasn't enough. The anime also had some of the worst pacing I've ever seen. The series was suppose to center around a group of otaku as they make a game. Okay, cool. So, why the hell did they spend 11.5 episodes doing absolute nothing?!

There was plenty of time to have the characters finish the game through the anime. However, the producers must have went brain dead and decided it would be good to spend all of the episodes with random, bullshit filler. Almost no in episode time was spent on actually working towards the finishing of the game.

Continuing with my negative thoughts on the show's pacing, why were some characters only introduced at the very last second? As the anime came to a close they shoved the "real childhood friend" in our faces and spent an entire episode on her. This was absolutely pointless, as we never see her again. And one of the main artist for the game didn't show up till around episode 11. Why?! Because of this they had to spend the last episodes on her, half assed her developments and finally got her to join the team. As if she wouldn't.

The anime is also consider to be an ecchi one, which I disagree on. There was absolutely NO fan service in the anime. Then the last few episodes hit and they threw more cleavage and cliché ecchi troupes than I could handle at once. It was misplaced and totally unneeded. But I've seen shounen anime with more ecchi than this one, I don't really think that tag is appropriate.

There was also some illogical drama towards the end of the anime with the protagonist and a certain Tsundere character. I won't spoil anything, but it was absolute garbage, made no sense and had a stupid conclusion.

And, in the last scenes before the anime closes, we see that the group has finished a single route of the game. As if this was supposed to compensate for the lack of the game in the anime. The plot presented it's goals for the anime, then proceeded to throw them into a fire and run away screaming.

The anime was horrible in it's entirety, and I must say that I despised this plot.

Secondly, we have art and animation. This field wasn't something I can complain about. The anime had a great art style, modernized and allowing things to come to life in a beautiful fashion. The animation was also splendid, as it is with most anime. I had no problems.

Next is our soundtrack, which I'm not too sure about. While I personally loved the opening and ending, there were no really definitive tracks throughout the series. Nothing that really made it stand out. However, I was exclude that last statement from the anime cover song. In the last episode a band does a cover of the opening from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I absolutely loved this. It was probably my favorite part of the entire show.

Finally, the characters. I wish I could say I loved them and that they were the best part of the anime. I wish. The characters were generic, copied and reused throughout a thousand different mediocre anime. You can these cliché characters in just about any garbage series. While I did have favorite, I couldn't get over how unoriginal and bland they were. I was also angry, as I said earlier, that two characters didn't appear until the very end.

The series is cliché, it was bland in some areas, it's a common harem themed series that you find just about anywhere. The show was average, but I think it had some slightly better scores. I think if you decide to view an average series, this should be one to look at first. Although I was suggested watching something more unique.

Favorite character:

Kasumigaoka Utaha

Favorite part:

***Average***

Plot: 70

Op: 80

Character's: 80

Art style: 90

Enjoyment: 80

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata average: 80 (C level anime)