Maken-Ki!

***Anime Information***

Seasons: 2

Episodes: 22 (10-12 per season)

Episode length: 24:00

Genres: Action, Ecchi, Harem, Martial arts, School, Superpowers

Viewer's rating:7/10

Opening: Fly away

Ending: Baby! Baby!

Plot: Based on the manga series by Hiromitsu Takeda, this romantic comedy is about Takeru Ohyama, a typical perverted teenage boy. His new school doesn't require entrance exams, and it just turned co-ed! Unfortunately, his dreams of a happy high school life are dashed when he finds out the school is much more than it seems. All of the students wield a special item—a Maken—to unleash their magical abilities in duels! Can Takeru find a Maken that works for him? Even while trying to fit in at a new school and dealing with all kinds of girl problems?

***Personal input***

Personal rating: 3/10

Opinion: Um, anyone care to explain why this anime exist? No? Then I'll do my best to explain why it shouldn't! Well it has no purpose, if I'm being honest. Literally a complete bullshit excuse for an anime. We're they even trying? Now, I will admit this anime does deserve a big E for effort. Why? The second season made a pretty decent return. Plus E is the average cup size for just about every female in this show.

The anime, while completely sucking in the first season, did make an astounding come back during the sequel. But, I did have some serious problems even then. I'm curious to why the show was continued in the first place!

My biggest issue was the plot and lore. Okay, its almost strictly fan service anime, so its no surprise we're left without a lot of story. So the lack of story isn't the issue, its what they did with the little bit that they had provided. Okay, sure. The story that they had mustered was pretty shit by itself. However, during the second season they quite literally disposed of every bit of lore and plot that they had laid out in the first season, and instead made the entire second season filler.

What the fuck were they thinking?! I'm really giving myself a headache trying to understand.

Besides that Major issue, I was a fan of the characters. The soundtrack was very nice, and the art style was good. Rather average. However there were so many details, mostly small thing, that really threw me off during the second season. Example? Well for some reason that's never explained, the protagonist ditches his glasses. There's just small details like that, that are easily noticed. All in all, I'd tell you that the only thing worth watching the show for is the amazing difference between both seasons. Honestly, I'd watch just to compare them. This is a heavy fan service anime, and basically every girl has E breast and up, so if you're into lolis then this isn't your anime.

Favorite character:

Shinatsu Azuki

Himegami Kodama

Himegami Kodama

Favorite part:

***Average***

Plot: 40

Op: 90

Characters: 80

Art style: 70

Enjoyment: 70

Maken-Ki! Average: 70 (D level anime)