Expelled From Paradise

***Movie information***

Movie length: 1:43:00

Genres: Action, Sci-fi, Mecha

Viewers rating: 8/10

Opening: none.

Ending: Eonian.

Plot: In a future where a massive disaster has devastated Earth, most of humanity has abandoned their physical bodies and relocated in digital form to DEVA, an advanced space station orbiting the ravaged planet. Free from the limitations of traditional existence, such as death and hunger, the inhabitants of this virtual reality reside in relative peace until Frontier Setter, a skilled hacker, infiltrates the system and spreads subversive messages to the populace.

Labeled a threat to security by authorities,

Frontier Setter is pursued by Angela Balzac, a dedicated member of DEVA's law enforcement. When the hacker's signal is traced to Earth, Angela takes on physical form, transferring her consciousness to a clone body and traveling to the world below in order to deal with the menace. On Earth, she is assisted by Dingo, a charismatic agent, and during her journey to uncover the mystery behind Frontier Setter, she gradually discovers startling realities about the wasteland some of humanity still refers to as home, as well as the paradise above.

***personal input***

Personal rating: 6/10

Opinion: This movie had always appealed to me from a distance, when only glancing at it, and that may very well be because the main character was very attractive. A very nice piece of eye candy. But that isn't important! Let's dive into what I have to say about expelled from paradise.

When involving myself in the story of this movie I found a few things. One of them was a slight disappointment. While the show was nice to look at, eye candy, as I'd said, I found that the story of this movie was only slightly interesting and barely above average. My overall enjoyment for the movie was certainly the lowest I've had in a long time.

The beginning of the story provide some base elements to get the story started. And those were interesting. The idea of humanity being uploaded into a server in space, consciousness being downloaded into a body, and giant robots. All cool things that could have went a long way despite the movie's run time. But, they didn't, and the interesting elements stop there.

The rest of the movie was a blonde tsundere reaching enlightenment, defying the system and helping a robot. That is this movie. I was very upset with how little they did with the movie, and how very anticlimactic the film really was.

I can't go in too deep with spoilers, and so I won't. But the plot was very little, and frankly, at times it felt like a chore to watch this movie.

I do, however, need to give props to the film for looking great despite it's 3-D and CGI appearance. As I've stated many times, I hate 3-D anime and CGI with a flaring passion! Most of the time it's gross and I try to avoid it. I began this show not knowing those things were contained. But, despite everything, I didn't actually mind on this occasion. The protagonist (who entered a lot of 3-D) looked fantastic for the entire movie. In fact, I give the show props for a completely fantastic art style and a decent animation. This is the area the show shined.

And of course, our characters. Eh. That's all I really need to say here. Being a movie there isn't the time for a serious development (unless the director is amazing) and so I can let that slide to a degree. But the characters were boring! I guess the protagonist was fine at times, but she was pretty dull for the most part, along with the other few characters that made an appearance. It wasn't a good area, at least not generally.

Summing up, the movie is mediocre. Barely above average is your kind and lineate about it. It was boring with it's story and didn't really provide the entertainment to make up for the time I spent on it. While it isn't total trash, I don't recommend you watch it.

Favorite character:

Balzac Angela

Preview:

***Average***

Plot: 80

Op: 80

Character's: 82

Art style: 90

Enjoyment: 80

Expelled from paradise average: 82 (C level anime)