Danganropa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei The Animation

***Anime Information***

Seasons: 1

Episodes: 13

Episode length: 24:00

Genres: Action, Horror, Mystery, Psychological

Viewer's rating: 7/10

Opening: Never say never

Ending: Zetsubousei

Plot: Hope's Peak Academy is an elite high school that accepts only the most talented students. Individuals who successfully enroll receive their own unique titles, suitably reflective of their skills and traits. Of the fifteen candidates admitted to the peculiar school that year, Makoto Naegi is a completely ordinary individual who has been accepted by sheer chance, with the title of "Ultimate Lucky Student." Naegi and his fellow classmates are initially ecstatic to be chosen to study at this prestigious institution, but these feelings of happiness are short-lived. They are soon confronted by Monokuma, the principal and resident bear, who traps them inside the school. The pupils' hopes of escape and graduation hinge on one of them successfully murdering one of their peers without being discovered. However, if the killer is caught, he or she will be executed, and the remaining survivors will be left to continue the deathmatch until only a single victor remains.

***Personal input***

Personal rating: 8/10

Opinion: How should I put this? Well, simply put, watch this anime. Its magnificent, and in many ways extremely clever, almost genius. The plot of the anime is really thick, and amazingly complex. Honestly, I couldn't accurately guess the killer during classroom trials. And I was dumbfounded until they explained how everything went down. Again, its pretty clever with its plot.

Its worth mentioning that this anime is an adaptation of the Danganropa game series, which has three I think. This anime being an adaptation of the first game. For reasons unknown they didn't adapt the second game, and are adapting the third in this upcoming season of summer 2016 anime.

When I'm not stuck on the amazing story, the anime comes equipped with a set of grand characters, one of the best I've seen, also some of my favorites. The characters alone are about enough for me to encourage you to watch the show. The soundtrack was in English, and I must say that I hated it. That however is my only real issue with the anime.

Well, I did have some issues with the animation. Besides a few certain scenes, this anime had a beautiful art style that I absolutely love. But, as I said, there where a few scene, like the execution cut scenes where I didn't like the animation it was displayed it.

Overall I seriously encourage you to watch the anime, I don't think it will disappoint, and I'd recommend playing the games so you can fill the gap between this anime, and the soon to be adaptation of the third game.

Favorite character:

Togami Byakuya

Asahina Aoi

Monokuma

kirigiri

kirigiri

Favorite part:

***Average***

Plot: 97

Op: 68

Characters: 95

Art style: 93

Enjoyment: 98

Danganropa average: 90 (B level anime)